What is "rockin"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

roadkill97006

Premium Subscriber
Several times lately, and latest this AM, I've heard the undercover folks on Win1 mention switching to "rockin", or something like that. After that they disappear. Is this just a slang term for simplex? It appears to be available on some, but not all, of their PAC sets from the discussion. The first time I heard this was less than a month ago.

roadkill97006

Premium Subscriber
Sure...

I know it's a code term for a frequency, same as their lame code for street numbers, but I'd recognize them if they popped up on another frequency I can get and they don't. This is something new. I used to be able to follow them through a bust but now, not so much.

ChrisP

Premium Subscriber
Regional Organized Crime & Narcotics (ROCN) Task Force on the Portland trunked system.

- Chris

DickH

ROCN

When I used to listen to lots of stuff, there were some encrypted talk groups on the Portland system. They are probably referring to one of them.

ChrisP

Premium Subscriber
When I used to listen to lots of stuff, there were some encrypted talk groups on the Portland system. They are probably referring to one of them.

I don't think there are any more encrypted talk groups on the analog 800 MHz side of the Portland system, but so far most of the activity on the 700 MHz P-25 side is encrypted. Many of the investigative agencies in Portland are now using those for privacy.

- Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.