A big debate

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaymatt1978

File this under "what would you do". I have a 396T in for repair for a second time and am using an old 10 channel 55xlt for the time being. I just invested $10 in a new charger on ebay that doesn't work. I'm hard on my scanners and am just using the $10 scanner for local townwide non-trunking non digital stuff what scanner would you recommend?

Last edited:

jaymatt1978

Sorry been busy well I'm almost ready to buy a third scanner with at least 50+ channels of ebay. My question is has anyone bought a second portable just for a backup?? I'm looking at the Uniden BC125AT. I know it's a "downgrade" from the 396T but for what I want to use it for, seems ok

dmg1969

Sorry been busy well I'm almost ready to buy a third scanner with at least 50+ channels of ebay. My question is has anyone bought a second portable just for a backup?? I'm looking at the Uniden BC125AT. I know it's a "downgrade" from the 396T but for what I want to use it for, seems ok

I was going to recommend that very scanner (BC125AT) for non-trunking, non-digital. I have one that I used to use in my car before I got my HP-1. Now I use it at home strictly as a portable. It is a darn good scanner for the money if you don't need trunking or digital.

Status
Not open for further replies.