Jeffco help

Status
Not open for further replies.

matt8888

Just got a 436hp and i'm trying to figure out the sentinel program and i can't find Jeffco sheriff or Golden PD and some others. Not sure if i'm missing them or there just missing.

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
Hi there, greetings and congratulations on your new scanner. I can assure you the Jeffco DTRS talkgroups are correctly listed in the RR database, that is not your problem. Moreover the RR database is 99.9999% current on all DTRS sites (control channel frequencies) in the Denver-Metro area. Once you learn how to program your scanner, the RR database will have everything you need for monitoring DTRS.

Before you program talkgroups, you will need to make sure your scanner is programmed with the correct Control Channel frequencies for DTRS SITES near your area. (And if you live in Lakewood you should have lots of sites to choose from) You may want to start with Thorodin, Sqaw, Lookout Mountain and/or Riley Peak. Just FYI, DTRS is a huge and complex system and you will likely experience a somewhat painful initial learning curve at the beginning that cannot be avoided unless you're already familiar with multi-site P-25 systems. However, your scanner is definitely up to the task and you WILL figure it out!

dw2872

Just got a 436hp and i'm trying to figure out the sentinel program and i can't find Jeffco sheriff or Golden PD and some others. Not sure if i'm missing them or there just missing.

Since you already have 5 or 6 years of experience with your 996, Matt, once you get past the newness of working with the new programming software for your 436, you will be set.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

matt8888

thanks for the reply's. I have had a 996t since they came out and already spent my 4-6 months pulling my hair out and driving my wife nuts (her first reaction when i told her i wanted a new one was, great here we go again). My question was Sentinel specific, i can't find jeffco sheriff and the rest of that system in the program, i think it's missing i can find other sheriff dept's in there but not jeffco. If anyone can find it or let me know where to post to get it added to sentinal from the database here.

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
I don't have a BCDx36HP scanner, but I downloaded the Sentinel software just now and found Jefferson County Sheriff and Golden PD under Database > USA > Colorado > Jefferson > Statewide > State of Colorado DTRS > Jefferson County (a bit roundabout) > Golden PD/Jefferson County Sheriff channels found here.

There has been some discussion on this this topic regarding programming it for Colorado. I've also used Mark's Easier to Read Manuals for my Pro-106 and have found them to be generally well written and informative, so I hope that they will be helpful in walking you through Sentinel and your BCD436HP.

Sentinel BCDX36HP Software Manual
Easier to Read BCD436/536HP Digital Scanner Manual

Status
Not open for further replies.