How would you guys program 4 scanners?

Status
Not open for further replies.

php111

Please forgive my apologies if I am asking in the wrong section.

I have 3 BCD396XT and one PRO-528 scanners, and how would you guys break down the programming to program these scanners? I am going to use FreeSCAN on the 3 BCD396XT and program the PRO-528 by hand. I would really appreciate any help/info/advice! I live in Bethlehem.

dmg1969

I have 3 BCD396XT and one PRO-528 scanners, and how would you guys break down the programming to program these scanners? I am going to use FreeSCAN on the 3 BCD396XT and program the PRO-528 by hand. I would really appreciate any help/info/advice! I live in Bethlehem.

You may want to clarify your question a bit. What do you mean by "How would you guys program 4 scanners?"

Do you mean programming different service types in different scanners?
(Ex: Scanner 1 - PD, Fire and EMS
Scanner 2 - Air
Scanner 3 - Mil Air
Scanner 4 - Amateur Radio)

That is not my recommendation...rather it is to clarify what you are asking.

sibbley

Premium Subscriber

I have my 396xt programed for Northampton County including the City of Bethlehem. It also has the old PSP VHF system, and the PSP VHF frequencies programed to search for NAC.

My 346xt is programed for all the surrounding counties. Monroe, Lehigh including Allentown, Bucks conventional, Carbon, and Berks.

My 15x is exactly the same as the 346xt.

My 996xt is programed exactly the same as the 396xt with one exception. I added the Bucks County TRS.

My 125at is setup to search for new CTCSS and DCS tones.

My 436HP is programed with all of the above and more. The "more" would include Warren County NJ., NJ 700 system, NJSP, the new Berks TRS, and other areas for when I go on trips away from home.

My PSR-800 is setup like the 436HP.

I know, I could just have one setup with all, but then I'd miss more goings on! Having 4 or 5 on at once drives my wife nuts.

Septa3371CSX1

All depends on what you're looking to listen to. My Pro 106 is mainly public safety and digital systems but I do have at least one SMR LTR in there since I ran out of space on my 97 and 164. I also make use of the different V Folders on the 106 for use when I'm on the road out of my local area. I have my Pro 97 and 164 identically setup with common public safety, business, aviation unicom and AAR (Railroad) channels 7-97. I also have a Pro 95 that I acquired when my Pro 164 went down. That is set up with common public safety frequencies and all the railroad channels as well plus various air band frequencies for in and out of the area and also a bank dedicated to Chester County's LTR Multinet system (programmed in conventional mode with no delay). All four scanners are programmed for Delaware and Gloucester Counties. During an incident I may have all four running monitoring different channels for comms related to the same incident. I'm sure my girlfriend can relate to Sibbley's wife on all 4 of them going at once.

Back to the original question, I would say program the Pro 528 for railroad, aviation, or whatever other analog interests you may have. With the 396's program them identically for public safety and you shouldn't miss much.

php111

You may want to clarify your question a bit. What do you mean by "How would you guys program 4 scanners?"

Do you mean programming different service types in different scanners?
(Ex: Scanner 1 - PD, Fire and EMS
Scanner 2 - Air
Scanner 3 - Mil Air
Scanner 4 - Amateur Radio)

That is not my recommendation...rather it is to clarify what you are asking.

To clarify, yes, that is what I mean.

And thank you everyone for all your replies!

One13Truck

Feed Provider
My 210XLT has a few of the local in-county channels for quick monitoring.

The Pro-94 is just an emergency back up/spare I can quickly plug in if needed that monitors the local fire/ems/pd channels with fire/ems being priority.

The 15X is in my vehicle monitoring all of NEPa's fire/ems/pd channels with fire/ems specifically in-county being priority.

The PSR-800 is used for my audio feed with the Pro-2048 as a back up ready to go if I need to take the PSR-800 traveling to areas that I need to monitor certain trunked systems.

My 369XT and 996XT are both programmed identically with all of NEPa's fire/ems/pd channels. The only exceptions being the 996XT has some of the PD channels mixed in as priority channels and the 396XT is set with fire/ems being the main priority channels. The 396XT is also filled with all of my travel systems and is my main travel scanner unless I'm going somewhere that I need the PSR-800 to monitor then I may take both or just the PSR-800. I actually prefer the way the Uniden's handle priority channels better than the PSR-800's and as my personal preference I find the Uniden's much easier to work with since they have the full keypads so I try to use them more than the PRS-800 whenever possible.

And of course the portable & Minitor V are set with the appropriate fire/ems channels as well. ;)

Last edited:

wtp

similar but not the same

another factor is what band and then get a good antenna for it.
vhf low
air and vhf high
700 and 800
four radio four bands
just my $.02

captaincab

monitoring delco pa with gre psr300 pro2053 and b
My pro2053 base has my countys police and fire radio systems in it along with some private public safety channels. it also has the local mass transits trunked system and a bunch of public works channels etc for snow storms. my gre psr300 has all of the above and also a couple ltr systems used by local cab companies
my bearcat 560xlt is not programmed right now my pro2053 is my main scanner i keep the gsr in the bedroom i also have my personal fd portable in the living room if i need to monitor 2 channels for an ongoing event

joeuser

The Wretched
I read Scancat lite plus is WELL regarded for programming multiple scanners with one program! Some of the moderators seem to have strong feelings about it! ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.