Sending Alpha Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

adacats

Scanner and Train Nerd
I had my feed setup to send alpha tags with my BCD996XT scanner, but I am confused as to where you see them in programs. The java web player is supposed to show them, but i never see them, nor do I see them in winamp. Am i just looking in the wrong place? Thanks for any help!

adacats

Scanner and Train Nerd
Got alpha tags working in winamp now, turns out i was using a terrible usb extension cable, used a different one and it started working. How do you get the broadcastify channel name to not be attached to the alpha tag information in the playlist menu, makes it kinda long?

adacats

Scanner and Train Nerd
I tried going into advances and customizing the tags, but no matter what I do, it still puts the full feed name at the end.

adacats

Scanner and Train Nerd
Wow, just got RadioFeed. It is SOO MUCH NICER! Why was I not using this before. Alpha Tag display is working much better now. Thanks!

shew

Wow, just got RadioFeed. It is SOO MUCH NICER! Why was I not using this before. Alpha Tag display is working much better now. Thanks!

I can't seem to get the alpha tags to work on the radio feed...I have it set to homepatrol ...under metadata I have the scanner type checked but no alpha tags are showing up on my scanner radio app...please help..

adacats

Scanner and Train Nerd
Have you listened to another channel on the app you know is sending alpha tags to see if they show up? Also, I am asuming you have your scanner connected to your computer using a usb or com port?

shew

yes I was listening to the Jackson county..ms..scanner on the app..and his alpha tags work..i had the usb hooked up..but nothing would show then when I unplug it....the word radio feed would appear on the bottom line of my feed on the app..

adacats

Scanner and Train Nerd
yes I was listening to the Jackson county..ms..scanner on the app..and his alpha tags work..i had the usb hooked up..but nothing would show then when I unplug it....the word radio feed would appear on the bottom line of my feed on the app..

Ill have to take a look at how I have mine set up when I get off work. You are using the Radio Feed software, correct?

adacats

Scanner and Train Nerd
Do you have the correct port selected on the metadata tab, and the proper baud rate. I believe Uniden scanners use the rate of 115200

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I can't seem to get the alpha tags to work on the radio feed...I have it set to homepatrol ...under metadata I have the scanner type checked but no alpha tags are showing up on my scanner radio app...please help..

Is the scanner in serial mode? Do you see the text tags at the bottom of RadioFeed?

Status
Not open for further replies.