Phase 2 CC only?

Status
Not open for further replies.

allclear

Hi guys,

I have multiple p25 x2 sites near me. According to the 436HP specs, it supports control channel only trunking but I can't seem to find this setting anywhere. Any ideas where it's hiding?

Thank you

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
There is no setting. All P25/Motorola trunking is always control-channel only.

garys

Premium Subscriber
Just keep in mind that technically, any channel can become a control channel. While the listed ones on RR are very accurate, occasionally a system will change a control channel either temporarily or permanently to one not listed as such.

For that reason some people recommend that you program all of the site frequencies into the scanner.

PhillyPhoto

Just keep in mind that technically, any channel can become a control channel. While the listed ones on RR are very accurate, occasionally a system will change a control channel either temporarily or permanently to one not listed as such.

For that reason some people recommend that you program all of the site frequencies into the scanner.

This is true. It happened in Detroit on the state system a few weeks ago.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
And, memory is not an issue on any scanner that supports Phase 2, so there really isn't a downside to putting them all in.

MilAirNJ

Is CC only search mode still available in the BCD536HP? I cant seem to find it. i would like to set up a custom search table with CC only.

Thanks!

MilAirNJ

I don't think it was. I am talking about doing a custom search of frequencies. Say 850-860mhz where it only stops on the Control Channel than starts tracking it. On earlier uniden scanners its labeled as
"Set C-Ch Only" under the custom search options.

PhillyPhoto

I don't think it was. I am talking about doing a custom search of frequencies. Say 850-860mhz where it only stops on the Control Channel than starts tracking it. On earlier uniden scanners its labeled as
"Set C-Ch Only" under the custom search options.
I misread it, sorry. I think I've seen other people request that feature, so I don't think it was included in the new scanners.

allclear

Thank you all for you're replies. I would like to confirm I'm doing this right, I have a p25 x2 control channel (Motorola) frequency that I want to monitor. Under 'New system' which of the following do I select

P25 trunk, P25 x2 or Motorola?

Also, does this scanner display the site ID etc on screen or only the TGIDs as they appear?

Thank you

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
P25 X2. What specific system are you trying to monitor?

(Displays TGID, not site ID.)

allclear

P25 X2. What specific system are you trying to monitor?

(Displays TGID, not site ID.)

Sorry forgot to mention I'm in Australia. It's a P25 x2 trunking network. I have all the frequencies for the site but just not sure how to program it. I programmed it using 'P25 trunk' then entered the CC frequency in 'Frequency' then pressed scan, it then says 'Searching ID'. I guess this is correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.