"Proprietary" RR Database Entries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wthom100

Hello -

When you see RR database entries that have the word "proprietary" in the description (see example below), I assume this means you cannot monitor it - i.e. you would not be able to monitor the talk-group? I take note that these channels do not have the "E" assigned for encryption.

So if you see "proprietary" you should not even try and download these entries into your scanner - correct?

It seems like just about all of St. Clair County is "proprietary" with the exception of a few entities.

Regards - Wthom100

Example:
2720 aa0 D 74F07 Grant Twp: Proprietary Fire-Talk
2721 aa1 D 74F09 Ira Township: Proprietary Fire-Talk
2722 aa2 D 74F10 Kenockee Twp: Proprietary Fire-Talk
2723 aa3 D 74F11 Kimball: Proprietary Fire-Talk
2724 aa4 D 74F12 Marine City: Proprietary Fire-Talk
2730 aaa D 74F14 Memphis: Proprietary

yooper927

Premium Subscriber
Hi Wthom100,
You can listen to those talkgroups, proprietary just means there own personal
Talkgroup. I listen to your example talkgroups everyday :)

detroit780

Silent Key
Database Admin
Proprietary

Proprietary means members of that department are the only ones on that talk group. Other agencies in the MPSCS system do not have access to that TG.

Scanners on the other hand have access to anything on that frequency that isn't encrypted. I also program the encrypted channels for several reasons.

On GRE scanners the radio will stop on an encrypted channel if you program it to. You then know the radio ID of the users and what county they belong to and sooner or later someone will not have encryption tuned on and you'll hear them.

Hello -

When you see RR database entries that have the word "proprietary" in the description (see example below), I assume this means you cannot monitor it - i.e. you would not be able to monitor the talk-group? I take note that these channels do not have the "E" assigned for encryption.

So if you see "proprietary" you should not even try and download these entries into your scanner - correct?

It seems like just about all of St. Clair County is "proprietary" with the exception of a few entities.

Regards - Wthom100

Example:
2720 aa0 D 74F07 Grant Twp: Proprietary Fire-Talk
2721 aa1 D 74F09 Ira Township: Proprietary Fire-Talk
2722 aa2 D 74F10 Kenockee Twp: Proprietary Fire-Talk
2723 aa3 D 74F11 Kimball: Proprietary Fire-Talk
2724 aa4 D 74F12 Marine City: Proprietary Fire-Talk
2730 aaa D 74F14 Memphis: Proprietary

Status
Not open for further replies.