• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

2014 Chevy Silverado Installation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Posts moved to Radio Equipment Installation forum since this is a question, not a picture post.

jhooten

Troy command console for Silverado/Suburban/Tahoe in my 2013.

DSCN1120_zps2b4cb582.jpg

john56

I have a 2013 Silverado. What I did with mine was to mount my Ham Radio to the lower part of the dash ensemble....just screw the bracket in....that hard plastic will hold. Mine has been installed for almost 2 years with no issue. The power cord.....open the hood and passenger side door. Look between the fender
and the door opening you will see a small area that you can feed a power cord through. I took a thin wire
and inserted it from the passenger door first and pushed it all the way thru to see where it came out in the
engine compartment.....

Hope this helps...

John KD8BIN

balibago

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
2004 Silverado

I have a 2004 Silverado and I use my scanner in it when I'm driving to and from work.

Here's the best way I could find to install in my 2014 Silverado...

This is what it seems to be coming to. I only had one vhf radio, a two switch siern, and am highly thinking about getting a digital scanner but am insure how to make all o this fit. My vol. Lightbar is a visor mount so I got that covered ;)
Any place to buy consols from, or get ideas to build?

sfd119

This is what it seems to be coming to. I only had one vhf radio, a two switch siern, and am highly thinking about getting a digital scanner but am insure how to make all o this fit. My vol. Lightbar is a visor mount so I got that covered ;)
Any place to buy consols from, or get ideas to build?

Did you see my post above? It has all the details you need to install a console with PLENTY of room.

Did you see my post above? It has all the details you need to install a console with PLENTY of room.

Yes I did see your post, and I read all over your above topic. That's a very nice setup!! You have way more then I do lol! I'm also looking to get into ham as well, just the local club has never gave me a call back for info.

sfd119

Yes I did see your post, and I read all over your above topic. That's a very nice setup!! You have way more then I do lol! I'm also looking to get into ham as well, just the local club has never gave me a call back for info.

RAM makes different sizes consoles that would work for you.

cg

Premium Subscriber
The newer trucks are set up a bit differently. The center seat storage console has the latch handle and key access on the vertical face so a console cannot go up against the seat. One answer might be to remove the lower storage area and fit in a rail mounted console. I was unwilling to lose the lockable storage in my 2011.

You might be able to use a universal console but I was unhappy with the angle of the face (for viewing). Jotto makes a Silverado mount but again, too steep an angle for viewing and the radio knobs end up too far away.
http://jottopublicsafety.gojotto.com/equipment-consoles.html?catID=272&Attribs=589+654

I have a used console that I am going to try to cut out 2" in length and weld the end back on. I hope to be able to fit 4 radios in it but it will be real tight.

chris

Status
Not open for further replies.