monitor mototrbo????

Status
Not open for further replies.

thecrow067

If anyone would be kind enough (and has the knowledge) I have a Uniden BCD-996XT and I have a MOTOTRBO system in my area that is not encrypted. I would like to monitor it. I have looked but cannot find a RECENT post or via Google on exactly what I need besides my scanner, and what I mst do to be able to monitor this system. I know that this is the right place for the information that has many knowledgeable people willing to help. Thanks in advance.

RonnieUSA

If anyone would be kind enough (and has the knowledge) I have a Uniden BCD-996XT and I have a MOTOTRBO system in my area that is not encrypted. I would like to monitor it. I have looked but cannot find a RECENT post or via Google on exactly what I need besides my scanner, and what I mst do to be able to monitor this system. I know that this is the right place for the information that has many knowledgeable people willing to help. Thanks in advance.

You would need to install a Tap in the scanner, and then use a program like DSD, or DSD+, or DMRDecode to be able to listen to it.

thecrow067

any link or specific website for the $20.00 RTL dongle? Also will there be instructions on how to set it up? I am disabled and sorry to ask so many questions. Thank you very much.

thecrow067

thank you very much I will order that product hopefully I can get it working looks fairly simple. I have an outdoor antenna my son installed wondering if I can use that with this. Thanks again.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
You will need to get an adaptor to plug into the dongle... But other than that it should work fine.

thecrow067

I have some things on order however, without hooking everything up and from what I have heard this system is non-encrypted. Will I be able to tell if its encrypted before everything is hooked up? thanks again to all

Status
Not open for further replies.