New Trunk System in Catoosa County

Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks like Catoosa County is getting there own trunk system I guess they are not happy with the big system they are part of? I have to go to Atlanta in a few weeks I will try and run Unitrunker on it.

nunyax

Is this the new TRS?

Catoosa County Trunking System, Ringgold, Georgia - Scanner Frequencies

Catoosa's active license for those frequencies is WQNF709 and shows the frequencies in Rising Fawn, GA for Dade County. The date of construction is listed as 02/20/2011. According to the letter they attached with their license request, these 5 frequencies were for the "Northwest Georgia Regional Radio System."

Back when Floyd County's DTRS was being developed, one of their proposal documents had the following:

In 2007, Catoosa County executed Memorandums
of Understanding with two other North Georgia Counties, Walker and Dade, to join the NW
GA/TN Valley Regional Radio System, and submitted an application for FY07 funding. This
system design incorporates three 10-channel simulcast sites while upgrading and relocating the
Catoosa 5-channel repeater site. This project was awarded and is in the final stages of
completion. The north GA site will serve as the primary voice communication network for
public safety in Catoosa, Walker and Dade Counties and provide wide area, SAFECOM Level 6
interoperability for the various disciplines, cities, and counties operating on the NW GA/TN
Valley Regional Radio System. To date, there are three Georgia counties and nine Tennessee
counties utilizing this wide area radio system.

The database for the Tennessee's TACN system has those same frequencies listed for the same Dade County site in Rising Fawn. I'm nowhere near that area to be able to verify it but I'm thinking this isn't a stand-alone TRS for Catoosa. Maybe someone up there could check it out?

Attachments

• Catoosa letter.pdf
    30.3 KB · Views: 122

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Looks like an slight slip up by an Admin, as this is indeed part of the TACN system.

Confused now

So the Tenessee Valley System database now shows site number 81 in Dade county and site number 82 in Catoosa county with the same frequencies, and location information from the FCC licenses. I have never claimed to be a detective but something tells me this might be the same site? Were did the new site information someone posted a few days ago go?

I also saw a new license WQUG548 on a Yahoo Group post listed to Catoosa County with the same location information as site number 80 in Dade county but with some new frequencies.

So did Catoosa county get there own trunk system license like it was posted, or are they just adding stuff to other Tenessee Valley System sites in the North Georgia area? Why is Catoosa county licensing sites in Dade county anyway?

I have plans to go down to Atlanta and stop and visit my family in the LaFayette area and program my uncles scanner for him, that is what started all this looking for trunking stuff in North Georgia. If someone can get some good information then I would take the back roads around the Lookout Mountain and see if I can get some Unitrunker information on all this new stuff.

nunyax

Yep, it looks very confusing up there.

For the new Catoosa County license WQUG548, it adds 3 new 800 MHz frequencies to the location called Canyon Ridge in Trenton, GA, Dade County. This license was applied for in January, 2013 and granted in July, 2014.

Their existing 800 MHz license WQKU453 is for 4 sites in 4 counties, one of which is Canyon Ridge. The other 3 sites have 11 frequencies but the Canyon Ridge site only has 6. My guess is they are adding 3 more 800 MHz channels to the Canyon Ridge site for the existing system. I'm also guessing these 4 sites in 4 counties are what's referred to as the Northwest GA Regional Radio System which in turn is connected into the Tennessee system.

For site 11 of the Tennessee system named Catoosa with 11 800 MHz frequencies, they are the ones for WQKU453 location #1 (Kittle Rd) in Ringold, GA for Catoosa County, location #2 (Taylors Ridge) in Lafayette, GA for Walker County, and location #3 (Dug Gap Mtn) in Dalton, GA for Whitfield County.

Site 80 of the Tennessee system named Dade with 6 800 MHz frequencies is WQKU453 location #4 (Canyon Ridge) in Trenton, GA for Dade County.

I hope I've got it close to correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.