Need More Motorola 2 talkgroups

Status
Not open for further replies.

AirScan1

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I don't what the rest of Arizona scanners might think but I think we need more Motorola 2 talk groups...
So I got probation officers
dog pound
and what ever that been listed in Motorola2. talk groups...
just saying need more of these

kd7eir

I don't what the rest of Arizona scanners might think but I think we need more Motorola 2 talk groups...
So I got probation officers
dog pound
and what ever that been listed in Motorola2. talk groups...
just saying need more of these

For what system? Have you considered doing an ID Search to find them?

KB7MIB

He's referring to Maricopa County. He doesn't have a digital capable scanner, so he can only listen to the analog talkgroups, such as animal care and control, court security, emergency management, the flood control district, the jails and jail transportation, lakes callboxes, MCDOT, the analog MCSO talkgroups such as 8336 and special detail 1-5, parks, probation, and whatever else isn't digital.

Try these 37 to get started. I know at least some of them to be active. Let us know what, if anything, you hear on them, and maybe we can confirm some useage. (Useage designations come mainly from the SWFD-10):
16 General Services
48 Election Bureau and Events
80 Headstart Program
112 Southeast Center Jail Ops
144 Election Bureau and Events
176 Facilities 1 *
208 Facilities 2 *
240 Public Health Department
272 ?
304 Lakes Callboxes to MCSO *
336 Constables 1
368 Constables 2
400 County Attorney 1 *
432 County Attorney 2
464 Parks Announcement
496 Parks B (Old Law East)
528 Parks C (Old Law North)
592 Park Ops East *
624 Park Ops West, Car-to-Car *
656 Park Ops North & West
688 Park Ops Main
720 MCDOT Safety
752 ?
784 ?
816 ?
848 ?
880 ?
912 ?
944 ?
976 Spanish language *
1008 ?
1040 ?
1072 ?
1104 ?
1136 ?
1168 Medical Center Transportation
1200 Vector Control - Pest and Rodent

* indicates talkgroups I have heard active. On 400, I once heard two males talking about working off duty at a high school football game.

bucknut937

Premium Subscriber
XTS 5000 Phoneix System

Im currently moving to Phoenix in the next few months and was wondering if there is anyone that will be able to program my XTS 5000 radio for the area. For Monitoring purposes only.

thanks

any other questions email me at stumpftechnologies@gmail.com

KB7MIB

Thursday morning, TG 16 was active with Probation officers. I don't know if this was a patch for some reason, or if they switched over due to issues with their usual TG's, or what. Just FYI.

AirScan1

Banned
probation talk groups are always active
you be surprise how many juvies and adult are in such trouble..

KB7MIB

Yes, but 16 is not a normal Probation talkgroup. Why it was being used, I don't know. That was the point of my post 11 days ago.

48 and 144 might be active today, being primary election day. Or, some other talkgroups might be active. You should try searching for any and all active analog talkgroups. (And those of you with digital-capable scanners, try searching for any and all active digital talkgroups, as well.)

Last edited:

AirScan1

Banned
If I was going to buy a digital scanner it would have to have analog too not everything has gone that way, I rather have the best of both worlds

Note I have digital satellite TV and darning electric storms the signal get very messed and very screwed upped, now think would the an electrical storms do the same to digital scanners?

I want the best of both worlds
I think pubic services should have a radio system called Bi mode digital/analog

kd7eir

If I was going to buy a digital scanner it would have to have analog too not everything has gone that way, I rather have the best of both worlds

Note I have digital satellite TV and darning electric storms the signal get very messed and very screwed upped, now think would the an electrical storms do the same to digital scanners?

I want the best of both worlds
I think pubic services should have a radio system called Bi mode digital/analog

I am not aware of any digital scanner that does not also receive analog.

SCPD

QRT
95 percent of public safety radios are p25/analog. Half can do dual band. So vhf uhf 800 in most aspects means nothing to a public safety user.

AirScan1

Banned
why not?
you can't even get az dps on digital so you be missing out on that and other stuff .
have you thought that digital signal has got better?
big question here
is digital really live transmission? I hear about this simulcast sound like prerecord before a live audience

I get a Digital scanner some time soon but I keep my Gre psr 310

oh do they keep phasing digtal like 1 ,2,3 etc
do you have to keep buying upgrading digital scanners?
don't you ever get sick of that?

JoeyC

why not?
you can't even get az dps on digital so you be missing out on that and other stuff .
big question here
is digital really live transmission? I hear about this simulcast sound like prerecord before a live audience

WTH are you talking about?

AirScan1

Banned
talking about the phase 1 p25 and phase 2 p25
what's with the upgrading>?
I hear on most people say I going a the latest digital scanner.

what's wrong with the current digital scanners

KB7MIB

why not?
big question here

1) Digital scanners do BOTH digital and analog. There are no digital-only scanners.

2) All technology moves forward. Yes, P25 Phase II is being rolled out now. Will there ever be a Phase III? I don't know. But most likely, at some point down the road, something will replace P25 as we know it. And other digital formats will move forward as well. MotoTRBO, NXDN, TETRA, and whatever else is out there. So yes, at some point, we hobbyists will have to buy yet another scanner. I have 3 scanners: a PRO-43 handheld, a PRO-2020 base, (both of which are decades old) and my PSR-500 handheld.

3) Digital audio is processed by a microchip, where a user's voice is turned into 0's and 1's as data, before being transmitted. It then has to be processed again, turning those 0's and 1's back into voice. So it doesn't always sound as natural as analog AM or FM voice does. For some people, it takes an adjustment period to get used to it. And there is a second or so of a delay, (listen to Phoenix FD on A-1 and K-1 simultaneously) due to this analog-to-digital and digital-to-analog processing. But yes, it is "live" audio.

Status
Not open for further replies.