Updating Armer DB in Freescan from RR

Status
Not open for further replies.

digirato

How often do people update their Minnesota Armer Freescan data files from the RR database?

Is there a known best way to do this? I was thinking of running two Freescan sessions side by side (my working file in one and a newly downloaded one in the other) and comparing the groups/sites. Then if I see a difference, could I copy and paste from the newly downloaded data window into my working Freescan file?

I just created my first file a few days ago so it's probably too soon to be considering this but was wondering how others address the issue. Thx

stmills

What part of the State are you in. The longer your area has been on ARMER the fewer the updates that are taking place in the database.

SCPD

QRT
Stmills hit the nail on the head. Most areas in the Metro that have been on it a while are pretty much set. Once and a while I will listen to a site in ID Search mode and about 98% of talkgroups that I am not familiar with would be accounted for in the RR database. Once and a great while one pops up and it's time to try and figure out who it is. The database admins for this area do a great job keeping it updated.

Sometimes it's painful to listen for new TG's especially on the City Center simulcast. Someone please re-program any Metro Transit radio for a 10 sec or less TOT. I am constantly hitting the L/O button as they talk for ever!.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
Save your favorite systems to your home page's "My Trunked Systems" and check it daily. It will tell you when there have been any updates, and what they were. Then manually go into FreeScan and make the changes.

Click on Edit myRR in the upper right corner to set up your home page.

digirato

I didn't realize I could setup systems to be watched. That will help immensely. Individual updates should be fairly easy to make manually. Thx

Save your favorite systems to your home page's "My Trunked Systems" and check it daily. It will tell you when there have been any updates, and what they were. Then manually go into FreeScan and make the changes.

digirato

I flagged the Minnesota Armer trunked system to "watch" and I see it on my MyRR page. There were changes on 8/21/14 and 8/26/14 but nothing appears on the page under the MyRR tab indicating that a change occurred. Is something not working? Do I have to do something else to make this work?

Thanks, digirato

digirato

I flagged the Minnesota Armer trunked system to "watch" and I see it on my MyRR page. There were changes on 8/21/14 and 8/26/14 but nothing appears on the page under the MyRR tab indicating that a change occurred. Is something not working? Do I have to do something else to make this work?

Thanks, digirato

First, thanks to NDRadioNut for responding to my post.

This morning I discovered the solution to my own problem. By chance I clicked on the "Home" tab of the RR website and the DB update notifications were right there highlighted in green.

My browser RR website bookmarks were all set to other places on the site (forums, Armer database, etc.) and I had not returned to the Home tab since marking some DB sites to watch. Slowly but surely I'm catching onto how this invaluable website works.

Status
Not open for further replies.