BCD436HP and BCD536HP Low Price

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tommis

Premium Subscriber
Amazon has low price of $472.31 for the 436 and $565.15 for the 536. free shipping hope this helps someone buy at a good price.. Tommis

Boatanchor

I guess if sales start to decline for one reason or another, it will only be a matter of time before the manufacturer is forced to try and boost demand by dropping the wholesale price which in turn, drops the retail price.

With RS offloading, potentially hundreds of, BCD996XT and PRO-106's for ~$100 across the country, it must be hard to market a product that is 6 times the price, no matter what additional functionality it may have.

It's not hard to imagine that demand for the product in question could well be declining from the initial euphoria levels just after the products release and people came to realize that they were not receiving all of what they had paid for. Most people I know, undertake a lot of online product research before parting with $500+ for tech items and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize that such a product can quickly become shunned by consumers if the majority of online reviews are unfavorable.

WQPW689

Reduced Prices

Amazon has a grand total of 16 of these items at those prices, while all of their partners are selling at the more traditional price points. Hardly indicative of any widespread shunning of the product.

I, for one, accept the news in the spirit in which it was intended, and may snap up a 436. Already have a 536.

Thanks, Tommis!

Xray

I'll for sure wait until the bugs are worked out of these before considering pulling the trigger on one - Isn't anyone else, Icom, Alinco ect making digital scanners ?

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
Radio Shack is selling the 996xt and pro-106 for around $100??

With RS offloading, potentially hundreds of, BCD996XT and PRO-106's for ~$100 across the country, it must be hard to market a product that is 6 times the price, no matter what additional functionality it may have.

Boatanchor

Radio Shack is selling the 996xt and pro-106 for around $100??

Not every shack and not the Pro-106, but people are picking up new (old stock?) 996xt and the occasional PR0-197's for <$100. I've read that some are ringing around RS stores across nearby State's and buying up multiple scanners for subsequent resale on the auction sites for a tidy profit.

Someone at corporate RS has either made a big mistake, or this is some kind of desperate attempt to reduce stock at all cost. Me thinks the latter considering RS' share price and annual reporting.

You'd have to be lucky to find a $100 996xt though. I think they've probably all been cleared out by now.

SCPD

QRT
Icom etc

I'll for sure wait until the bugs are worked out of these before considering pulling the trigger on one - Isn't anyone else, Icom, Alinco ect making digital scanners ?

Whats funny is Kenwood,Icom,Yaesu,Alinco,Wouxun and all the others dont!
Only Uniden and Whistler, if they ever get their ace in gear.

AC2OY

I own a 536 and with the help of my friends(actually K2ool) it's working better I hear a lot of action and it's what I always wanted,a base unit that does P25 Phase2 so I get those systems that I was missing. I also own a PSR 800 and that is a great radio also but it's a hand held but that works good also.

JamesO

Unfortunately Radio Shack is in big trouble financially and it does not look good for this hobby or others in general. I would be surprised if RS does not file for some form of bankruptcy early next year. They are already planning on a large store closure campaign. I hope they can hang in there, but they may go the way of Lafayette Electronics and others?

If you can find the deals out there, this is great, but they are not US wide. I will be traveling soon and I will check around, but there was nothing that my district stores could locate in the inventory.

radioroo

Not every shack and not the Pro-106, but people are picking up new (old stock?) 996xt and the occasional PR0-197's for <$100. I've read that some are ringing around RS stores across nearby State's and buying up multiple scanners for subsequent resale on the auction sites for a tidy profit.

Someone at corporate RS has either made a big mistake, or this is some kind of desperate attempt to reduce stock at all cost. Me thinks the latter considering RS' share price and annual reporting.

You'd have to be lucky to find a $100 996xt though. I think they've probably all been cleared out by now.

Was that a typo when you said they are selling the PRO-106 for $100 or were you just mistaken?

oracavon

Was that a typo when you said they are selling the PRO-106 for $100 or were you just mistaken?

I think you misread his post. His post (quoted in your post) says "not the Pro-106, but people are picking up new (old stock?) 996xt and the occasional PR0-197's for <$100." So he specifically said "not the Pro-106".

radioroo

I think you misread his post. His post (quoted in your post) says "not the Pro-106, but people are picking up new (old stock?) 996xt and the occasional PR0-197's for <$100." So he specifically said "not the Pro-106".

No I don't think I did. He originally said:

Then later he said Not the Pro-106's

So I was wondering which was correct because I would happily grab one at that price

n7vdr

Im not seeing them on amazon for that price. I was ready to pull the trigger too.

AC2OY

On eBay they still have in the box GRE PSR 800's they only dropped to $350.00 because of Uniden two new models that do phase 2 or they still would be $600 bucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.