Springfield PD Digital

Status
Not open for further replies.

W1KNE

Owner ScanNewEngland
Database Admin
Springfield PD are switching to digital.

Currently, city operations are on 460.5000 NAC $698 (Channel 03)

Channel 1 analog is still in analog, but no radio traffic on it.

W1KNE

Owner ScanNewEngland
Database Admin
Channel 01 - 460.1000 NAC $698
Channel 02 - 460.4500 NAC $698
Channel 03 - 460.5000 NAC $698
No other channels were digital as of 16:00. DB updated shortly.

W1KNE

Owner ScanNewEngland
Database Admin
I did some contract work in Springfield today. Was there bright and early this morning and caught the chanegover/radio testing.

thmsemrtn

Springfield PD P25

Hello, Is anyone out there able to scan the new SPD radio? I have a BC80XLT which worked fine on Thursday and now I just hear crazy noise when they transmit. What kind of scanner can get this new radio? Also, how about encryption-if they are encrypting there would be no way to hear them? Tom

garys

Premium Subscriber
A BC80XLT won't do it. They are now digital, but not encrypted. You'll need either a Uniden or GRE/Whistler/Radio Shack digital scanner to hear them.

I'm in MA and have a Uniden scanner that will work for you. PM me if you are interested in discussing this further.

Hello, Is anyone out there able to scan the new SPD radio? I have a BC80XLT which worked fine on Thursday and now I just hear crazy noise when they transmit. What kind of scanner can get this new radio? Also, how about encryption-if they are encrypting there would be no way to hear them? Tom

I did some contract work in Springfield today. Was there bright and early this morning and caught the chanegover/radio testing.

Awesome,Nice catch and thanks for noting and posting the info you've found.I updated my 996XT last night.
Ill recheck the settings and see what I catch..

thmsemrtn

Thanks Garys, I really appreciate the info! Def happy to hear they're not encrypted! I'm afraid it will be some time before I can afford a new scanner. I saw one on ebay at $160 bid, from there they quickly go up to $220, $260 etc. I work security on Union St in Spfld and it was good to monitor what was going on right around me...so many shootings etc. Once again thanks!

garys

Premium Subscriber
You're welcome. I understand about the cost of digital radios. Even older used ones go for $300.00 or so.

Thanks Garys, I really appreciate the info! Def happy to hear they're not encrypted! I'm afraid it will be some time before I can afford a new scanner. I saw one on ebay at $160 bid, from there they quickly go up to $220, $260 etc. I work security on Union St in Spfld and it was good to monitor what was going on right around me...so many shootings etc. Once again thanks!

GemmaKnight

It figures! Now I'm without a scanner that can receive my hometown. Being on a fixed income can have it's disadvantages! Oh well. :)

foxy647130

Can I listen to SPD new digital freq with this unit
Kristin DTR660 DPMR DIGITAL UHF
* FDMA frequency division multiple access technology, spectrum efficiency improved several times;
* Support digital mode, analog mode
* Digital voice encryption
* A variety of call mode, all call, group call, a call, emergency call
* PTT default contact (group) call
* Emergency alarm (single, joint) 3 × 4 modes
* Stun, activate
* Working status query
* Digital power saving mode
* 1.8-inch large LCD display, support icon display for easy SMS messages, call records read;
* Low power, signal strength, battery capacity display, real-time understanding work status
* Call history, call records can be displayed 20;
* Address book function, support 50 contacts;
* Can edit SMS function, the default shortcut short message
* Manual dialing
* Calls and SMS ringing Tips
* Firmware programming mode (software upgrades);

Features:

* In English operation interface
* Emission of high and low power selectable
* Three-color LED indicates sending, receiving, scanning and other state
* Channel lock, keypad lock function
* Whisper function
* Sub audio / digital tone
* The end eliminate
* The monitoring function
* Mixed scanning
* TOT emission limit protection
* Calculator

foxy647130

Thanks

Just looking for a cheap radio to listen to them on amazon had one for $115 . that's the on in this description I put.

Springfield

Yes, even a 996T or 396T. Although the digital decoding is better with the newer generation of scanners and the "T" scanners didn't have NAC capability.
OK, so what you mean about NAC capability would be more than 1 agency on the same p25 conventional channel?Which we know that Springfield PD is the only one on that frequency and sepreat nacs would not have to be programed. Sorry about all the questions, just don't want to buy the wrong radio and all this digital is new to me. I've been listening to springfield for 40 yrs with the same 460.100 analog freq.

Status
Not open for further replies.