programming issue with uniden bcd 436HP

Status
Not open for further replies.

geekarooni

Premium Subscriber
HEEEEEEELLLP!
i bought my new unit and tried to hook it up to my MAC, (why) because i'm an idiot and it had to modify something, then is was a poop show, it didn't see it and then i looked up that i need a pc, and now my wifes PC says it needs to be formatted. ugh
any help would be great..

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Go here and download Sentinel to a PC:

HomePatrolSentinel < HomePatrol < TWiki

Install it, Run it. Connect your scanner. Reformat the card in the scanner, then use the Clear User Data function in Sentinel.

Update Master HPDB, and Update Firmware.

Write to scanner.

k8ble

HAM, ATV'ER, MOTOROLER XTS 2500 Q52.Q53. Q811,H02
Premium Subscriber
i have a 536 that i added a new system too.. with older systems.,fine the older ones work fine but the new system does not output any audio. any help

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
i have a 536 that i added a new system too.. with older systems.,fine the older ones work fine but the new system does not output any audio. any help
No way to know what's wrong without looking at how it's programmed. Attach your favorites list to a post so that someone can look at it.

Attaching an *.hpe file to a post

Use Sentinel to "read from scanner" if you have made changes on the scanner that were not also made in Sentinel.
Then, export the resulting Favorites list(s) into an *.hpe file. Then, attach that to a post and upload so that we can take a peek & see if anything is out of place. The Export is listed under the File drop-down menu.

Note: To upload an *.hpe file, to the Forums, you must change the file extension to one acceptable per forum requirements. To do that, note where your exported *.hpe file is saved on your PC.
Using Windows Explorer, find the file.
There are two ways to do this. You can either change the file extension itself, or compress the file using 7-Zip or other file utility. The *.zip file extension can be attached to a post and uploaded to the Forums.

Or, using Windows Explorer, rename your file one of these two ways:
For illustration, let's call your exported file 'MyFile.hpe' (without the quotes).
<Right><Click> on the file & choose Rename from the pop-up menu.
You can then rename your file to MyFile.txt, or MyFile.hpe.txt in order to attach it to a post. Whoever views the file will need to reset the file name back to MyFile.hpe, then it can be imported into Sentinel for viewing.

k8ble

Premium Subscriber
no audio 536

thanks for the fast reply (working on it)
73's n0mnb

k8ble

Premium Subscriber
hennepin cnty brooklyn park hpe file

well i hope i got this right no audio from hennepin county municipalities. they dispatch from the county to individual cities.

thanks for the help
k8ble

Attachments

• BROOKLYN PK.hpe.txt
    1 KB · Views: 10

k8ble

Premium Subscriber
hope i did it right?
k8ble

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
hope i did it right?
k8ble
Looking at your file, as well as your location, I see several things,

First, on your file, the two sites are incorrect. The one labeled as Hennepin County East Simulcast actually had the control channel frequencies for Hennepin West.

The Hennepin West site had the control channel frequencies related to Minneapolis N-S Simulcast.

I have corrected the sites in the attached file. Also, just in case there has been a change in control channels for one (or both) of the sites, I have added all frequencies for each site.

Looking at the map of tower sites near Brooklyn Park, it appears that your best bet would be the site to your northwest. Try the file I uploaded, and see what, if anything, you receive. If still nothing, then Simulcast Distortion may also be in play. The Wiki article I linked has a good description of this. In some cases, using less antenna solves the riddle. You may have seen comments in other threads about using a paper clip for an antenna. In other situations, you may need to use a directional antenna. This may sound odd, but try this:
With your 436 sitting on a table or desk, use a couple of cookie sheets or some other flat piece of metal. Put them together to form sort of a V shape, aiming it northwest toward that site that is closest to your county. That loosely forms a corner reflector antenna, aimed toward the closest site. The metal also helps block signals from other sites to your west and south. If it does, then a directional antenna may be your best bet.

See if any of that helps, then add comments on what you are seeing now.

Edit to add correction: The city name on your ham license shows as Blaine, MN. If that is correct, the test corner reflector should be aimed more or less west-northwest.

Attachments

• Brooklyn Park A.hpe.txt
    1.1 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Attached is a zipped file I use when in Minneapolis. Its FL Quick Key is 81. System and Department Quick Keys are in their names.

It's built around my preferences, but I think it includes everything you may be interested in.

We were there over Labor Day weekend and I used it with no issues.

Attachments

• F81 Minneapolis.zip
    22.8 KB · Views: 5

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
well i hope i got this right no audio from hennepin county municipalities. they dispatch from the county to individual cities.

I'm not sure what you are interested in receiving, so I'm having to make some assumptions that could be wrong.

Most of the talkgroups you have listed are "chit chat" channels. They may not have a lot of regular traffic. The actual dispatching of calls for service are done on other talkgroups you haven't got in your program. For example, Maple Grove Fire is dispatched on Hennepin Fire Main. Maple Grove Police are on one of the Hennepin Law talkgroups.

k8ble

Premium Subscriber
Brooklyn park

THANKS FOR ALL THE work , i'm working on it . both of them are good chances thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.