Philly PD scanners

Status
Not open for further replies.

twiney

What's the best radio to use to monitor Philly Pd. I have just purchased a home patrol and I'm getting nothing. New to scanners so I need a little help. Also is Philly encrypted all the way through? Just need the name of a few good scanners that I can pick up since the home patrol 1 isn't doing it. Thanks in advanced

blee1099

Your radio isn't Project 25 Phase II TDMA compatible. Try to find a PSR-800 or a BCD436 or 536

soberbyker

Premium Subscriber
What's the best radio to use to monitor Philly Pd. I have just purchased a home patrol and I'm getting nothing. New to scanners so I need a little help. Also is Philly encrypted all the way through? Just need the name of a few good scanners that I can pick up since the home patrol 1 isn't doing it. Thanks in advanced

Your radio isn't Project 25 Phase II TDMA compatible. Try to find a PSR-800 or a BCD436 or 536

Philly's system is TDMA compatible but TDMA is not in use, yet. I pick up all the districts with my Radio Shack Pro-197. It's not known whether they will go full Phase II TDMA or not. If it does then the Pro-197 will no longer work, but for now it works just fine.

Whistler has bought the old GRE line and has started to ship out some rebranded scanners:

New RS PRO-652 = old RS PRO-197 = Whistler WS-1065

(http://forums.radioreference.com/gre-scanners/290253-whistler-ws1040-digital-handheld-scanner.html#post2182690)

As for encryption I only listen to the PD and the districts are in the clear but the specialty squads are encrypted.

Philadelphia (Project 25) Trunking System, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania - Scanner Frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.