ScannerCast & BCD536HP...

Status
Not open for further replies.

AK4FD

Catawba County, NC — FF/EMT, COML, AUXC, Skywarn
Premium Subscriber
Is there a way to broadcast AlphaTags in ScannerCast using a Uniden BCD536HP?? I've downloaded the serial port files, rebooted my computer, even set the scanner in serial mode & set the Tag setting at the 996XT choice, even saw something about Windows Device Manager up checking the UBS root hub thing... Now when I choose the correct Com Port in ScannerCast it shuts down on me everytime! I've seen to try RadioFeed and can't get it working there either... Does ANYBODY else have a BCD536HP and broadcast AlphaTags that can lend me a hand? Thx!

CommLt

Feed Provider
I'm out of town and it has been several months but if I remember correctly I used the serial port and had to get into the 536 menu under the set location, set up gps, set serial port, set the correct baud rate for your computer connection.

Let me know if it works, otherwise I can check when I get back in town.

AK4FD

Premium Subscriber
The only problem is I'm not using the Serial port I'm using the front port to USB...

AK4FD

Premium Subscriber
Hmmmm okay so basically I need to buy a serial-to-USB cable, I think Prolofic makes a good ones I've used before with another scanner...

Status
Not open for further replies.