• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Motorola RDX RDM2070d And Motorola CLS1810 Only For Wal-Mart And Target?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello I wanted to ask if anyone knows if these models by Motorola are only for Target and Wal-Mart. The Models are the RDX RDM2070d and the CLS1810. Is this why I cant find a manual online for either radio.

Thank you

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Hello I wanted to ask if anyone knows if these models by Motorola are only for Target and Wal-Mart. The Models are the RDX RDM2070d and the CLS1810. Is this why I cant find a manual online for either radio.

Thank you

Tony, those are low cost radios marketed for any company that needs itinerant radio service. Target stores, Kmart and Shopko use them as well.
Do you own either of those models? We also use them as well as CM300 mobiles mounted to our forklifts set at 2 watts thru out our distribution facility where I work.

n9zas

Tony, those are low cost radios marketed for any company that needs itinerant radio service. Target stores, Kmart and Shopko use them as well.
Do you own either of those models? We also use them as well as CM300 mobiles mounted to our forklifts set at 2 watts thru out our distribution facility where I work.

n9zas

No I do not own them. I just wondered why I cant find a manual for them. Is there a manual even for these radios?

Last edited:

n9zas

I even Googled for it and it came up with weird stuff. When I Googled the CLS1810 it came up as the CLS1110 and CLS1410. The RDX RDM2070d came up as the RM series and the RDV2080d.

ML143606

Yes, the CLS 1810T radio is made especially for Target. Even though it is a CLS series radio it does NOT follow the same frequency list or channel numbers 1-56. It is not just mixed up or using a different number scheme 1-56. The target radios have some frequencies that the rest of the business band radios do not. The CTCSS, DPL & PL codes however "DO" follow the list if you have a CLS series manual those codes are the same. (At least from what I seen)
For example: Target uses the CLS 1810T 4 channel radio use the following:
Ch1, Freq 41, Code 54
On any other CLS series radio manual that would mean that FREQ 01 would be 466.2125 and CODE 54 would be Digital Code 115
However the actual Target radio is:
467.7500 as Freq 41 (Instead of 466.2125 Freq 01) and the CODE is 54 (Still same code 115)
Further, I have confirmed the following applying ONLY to the 1810T Target radio:
Freq41 is 467.7500 (Freq 41 should be 466.2125 as printed in CLS manual)
Freq42 is 467.7750 (Freq 42 should be 466.2375 as printed in CLS manual)
Freq38 is 467.9250 (Freq 38 should be 466.1375 as printed in CLS manual)
Freq37 is 467.9000 (Freq 37 should be 466.1125 as printed in CLS manual)
You CAN use the Target CLS radios with other CLS, RDX, XTN series radios with two exceptions, 1) that the frequencies number list will be different and 2)the Target radios will have frequencies that the standard general public units will not have and missing others.
Meaning, if the CLS radios have a choice of using Frequencies from the chart of 56 possibilities, and the Target radio has the same number of choices of 56 frequencies but have half a dozen frequencies of the 56 that are different, it will be that many channels (or frequencies rather) that will not work with regular CLS radios. You will have to find someone with a frequency list, or use a frequency counter on the Target radio to confirm it is one from the CLS Radio Manual frequency List. When you get one that is working on both radios simply use the same CTCSS, DPL or PL code as it appears the Target radio uses that same number scheme or list for their privacy (or interference) codes. If you simply match the freq# and Code# your just wasting your time and doubt any of them would match but you could get lucky…...
I have not gotten my hands on this radio as of yet but have a friend that works at Target and will let me play with it for an hour to make a channel list (verifying with a frequency counter) and I will post upon completion.

Yes, the CLS 1810T radio is made especially for Target. Even though it is a CLS series radio it does NOT follow the same frequency list or channel numbers 1-56. It is not just mixed up or using a different number scheme 1-56. The target radios have some frequencies that the rest of the business band radios do not. The CTCSS, DPL & PL codes however "DO" follow the list if you have a CLS series manual those codes are the same. (At least from what I seen)
Ch1, Freq 41, Code 54
On any other CLS series radio manual that would mean that FREQ 01 would be 466.2125 and CODE 54 would be Digital Code 115
467.7500 as Freq 41 (Instead of 466.2125 Freq 01) and the CODE is 54 (Still same code 115)
Further, I have confirmed the following applying ONLY to the 1810T Target radio:
You CAN use the Target CLS radios with other CLS, RDX, XTN series radios with two exceptions, 1) that the frequencies number list will be different and 2)the Target radios will have frequencies that the standard general public units will not have and missing others.
Meaning, if the CLS radios have a choice of using Frequencies from the chart of 56 possibilities, and the Target radio has the same number of choices of 56 frequencies but have half a dozen frequencies of the 56 that are different, it will be that many channels (or frequencies rather) that will not work with regular CLS radios. You will have to find someone with a frequency list, or use a frequency counter on the Target radio to confirm it is one from the CLS Radio Manual frequency List. When you get one that is working on both radios simply use the same CTCSS, DPL or PL code as it appears the Target radio uses that same number scheme or list for their privacy (or interference) codes. If you simply match the freq# and Code# your just wasting your time and doubt any of them would match but you could get lucky…...
I have not gotten my hands on this radio as of yet but have a friend that works at Target and will let me play with it for an hour to make a channel list (verifying with a frequency counter) and I will post upon completion.

Thank you. I would of replyed back sooner but I stopped getting emails from RR again. I did not know all of that. Really good information. Did he say if there was a manual for it?

Ch1, Freq 41, Code 54

When you complete it I wonder if it will have 467.3625 and 467.4125 in it. I say this because Gordmans uses these freqs.

ML143606

I doubt we will see a manual. Probably only corporate or whomever is in charge of or ordered their radio system has it.

The menu for it works the exact same way as the CLS series, I have played with it. You program it the exact same way.

Only difference is it has some frequencies the general public CLS models do not have and it has the target logo on the LCD cover.

I'll keep ya posted!

I doubt we will see a manual. Probably only corporate or whomever is in charge of or ordered their radio system has it.

The menu for it works the exact same way as the CLS series, I have played with it. You program it the exact same way.

Only difference is it has some frequencies the general public CLS models do not have and it has the target logo on the LCD cover.

I'll keep ya posted!

Thank you very much!

apx7000

Motorola CLS1810T

Here is a frequency chart for the Motorola CLS1810T (Target) radio:

Ch1 - 467.7500 dcs 115
Ch2 - 467.7750 dcs 072
Ch3 - 467.9250 dcs 155
Ch4 - 467.9000 dcs 205

Also, here is the additional frequencies for channel 5&6 which are only on the Target asset protection radios with the white target logo:

Ch5 - 467.8750 dcs 244
Ch6 - 467.8500 dcs 306

These radios function the same as the traditional CLS series radios, except ch1&2 are programmed to frequencies that don't come as part of the preprogrammed 56+ freqs in other business models. The 1810 models are made specifically for Target stores and have a "lock" set on them which doesn't allow them to be programmed to any other frequencies without special software.

I own a 4 ch target radio and a 6 channel asset protection one for monitoring only. I've confirmed the frequency charts as to mine.

As for the RDX RDM2070d radios, they all function the same as RDV/RDU models with some exceptions to programming due to some having lcd screens and others don't. RDM2070d's operate on murs frequencies for the general public and are heavily used by Walmart for interoperability purposes and the fact that they save thousands of dollars a year not having to pay the FCC.

If you have anymore questions about these radios, I'd be glad to help!

Attachments

• IMG_0092[1].jpg
    IMG_0092[1].jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 6,775
Last edited:

Ch1 - 467.7500 dcs 115
Ch2 - 467.7750 dcs 072
Ch3 - 467.9250 dcs 155
Ch4 - 467.9000 dcs 205

Also, here is the additional frequencies for channel 5&6 which are only on the Target asset protection radios with the white target logo:

Ch5 - 467.8750 dcs 244
Ch6 - 467.8500 dcs 306

These radios function the same as the traditional CLS series radios, except ch1&2 are programmed to frequencies that don't come as part of the preprogrammed 56+ freqs in other business models. The 1810 models are made specifically for Target stores and have a "lock" set on them which doesn't allow them to be programmed to any other frequencies without special software.

I own a 4 ch target radio and a 6 channel asset protection one for monitoring only. I've confirmed the frequency charts as to mine.

As for the RDX RDM2070d radios, they all function the same as RDV/RDU models with some exceptions to programming due to some having lcd screens and others don't. RDM2070d's operate on murs frequencies for the general public and are heavily used by Walmart for interoperability purposes and the fact that they save thousands of dollars a year not having to pay the FCC.

If you have anymore questions about these radios, I'd be glad to help![/QUOTE

Thank you! I was wondering what the AP radios were that had a white label on it from Target. When you say "interoperability purposes" what do you mean by that?

apx7000

"Interop purposes" simply means that the radios/frequencies are programmed to work in an organized manner, hence places like Walmart have thousands of locations which means they need radios to be plug&play using the same programming. Having a standard format allows you to take radios from one store to another without issue.

"Interop purposes" simply means that the radios/frequencies are programmed to work in an organized manner, hence places like Walmart have thousands of locations which means they need radios to be plug&play using the same programming. Having a standard format allows you to take radios from one store to another without issue.

Thank you for the help! That is what I like about this website is that I learn alot of new info that I didnt know before :D.

Ch1 - 467.7500 dcs 115
Ch2 - 467.7750 dcs 072
Ch3 - 467.9250 dcs 155
Ch4 - 467.9000 dcs 205

Ch5 - 467.8750 dcs 244
Ch6 - 467.8500 dcs 306

If you have anymore questions about these radios, I'd be glad to help!

How hard is it to obtain the software?

Status
Not open for further replies.