Update Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

VE3RADIO

Paul,

Will Uniden offer $100 dollar refunds to those that paid to have the extra features? At this point it seems as if Uniden is sending a clear message to us that his is not a priority.

I am beyond tired of waiting for the stuff that was promised to be delivered. Your update on Aug 1st was about as vague as it gets and pretty much useless.

Thanks

VE3RADIO

Just because it ain't here yet, doesn't mean its not a priority or not coming at all.

After almost 8 months... still nothing.. I am doubtful.. in my opinion if they were making progress you bet your last dollar Paul would be on here telling us about the progress being made.. then again what do I know.

JoeyC

Paul,

Will Uniden offer $100 dollar refunds to those that paid to have the extra features?

Simply put, NO.

Your whining on the matter is rather old at this point. Sell it already!

If Paul gave an update in August but YOU didn't find it informational, that's your problem.

VE3RADIO

Simply put, NO.

Your whining on the matter is rather old at this point. Sell it already!

If Paul gave an update in August but YOU didn't find it informational, that's your problem.

I am so terribly sorry that I have offended you by asking for a meaningful update. I am glad you are happy with the product Uniden has provided you.

joeuser

The Wretched
I dont think you offended anyone by asking for another update (last is shown above - in a nutshell: they are aware, they are working on it, & they are sorry) What bothers me, anyway, is it will be here when it gets here, patience & understanding not - class action, refunds, rebates, blah blah blah.

JoeyC

I am so terribly sorry that I have offended you by asking for a meaningful update. I am glad you are happy with the product Uniden has provided you.

Thanks, but I'm not offended. I'm not 100% satisfied with the product as there are many changes/upgrades in firmware that would be beneficial.

Noted in your signature line your 536HP is not in use pending release of this stuff. Heres a little advice. Turn the scanner on and learn how to use it and experiment with different programming configurations in the meantime so that when the wifi stuff is finally released you won't have to ask what has already been discussed for months now.

VE3RADIO

Thanks, but I'm not offended. I'm not 100% satisfied with the product as there are many changes/upgrades in firmware that would be beneficial.

Noted in your signature line your 536HP is not in use pending release of this stuff. Heres a little advice. Turn the scanner on and learn how to use it and experiment with different programming configurations in the meantime so that when the wifi stuff is finally released you won't have to ask what has already been discussed for months now.

I am not stupid, I know how to use the scanner, but I have a 996XT in my car and several other scanners around the house.. I bought this so I could listen to the area I live while I am at work out of range.. that was the main reason I bought it.. the second reason I bought this was for the analyze features as a brand new system is being build in my area that I wanted to plot out.. I have been using the 536 a little bit recording the audio to identify talkgroups but I had to buy an additional SDR dongle to use unitrunker.. I would have preferred a all in one setup on the scanner (like the one I bought)

System: Durham NextGen Trunking System, Durham, Ontario - Scanner Frequencies

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
I am not stupid, I know how to use the scanner, but I have a 996XT in my car and several other scanners around the house.. I bought this so I could listen to the area I live while I am at work out of range.. that was the main reason I bought it.. the second reason I bought this was for the analyze features as a brand new system is being build in my area that I wanted to plot out.. I have been using the 536 a little bit recording the audio to identify talkgroups but I had to buy an additional SDR dongle to use unitrunker.. I would have preferred a all in one setup on the scanner (like the one I bought)

System: Durham NextGen Trunking System, Durham, Ontario - Scanner Frequencies

You mean like the HomePatrol HP-1 with the Extreme Upgrade that includes a system Analyze feature that you also list as being part of your collection?
You do know you can use the analyze features on the HP-1E to do what you wish to do.
You did not "have" to buy the additional SDR dongle if you do indeed have the HP-1E....you made a choice to buy the dongle as an additional radio.
Marshall KE4ZNR

VE3RADIO

You mean like the HomePatrol HP-1 with the Extreme Upgrade that includes a system Analyze feature that you also list as being part of your collection?
You do know you can use the analyze features on the HP-1E to do what you wish to do.
You did not "have" to buy the additional SDR dongle if you do indeed have the HP-1E....you made a choice to buy the dongle as an additional radio.
Marshall KE4ZNR

Who do you think you are to tell me how I use something I own.. have you ever taken in to consideration that I may have more than one car.. oh yeah .. I do .. and guess where the home patrol is.. Man some of you people cant see the forest through the trees...

VE3RADIO

Marshall KE4ZNR

Also a SDR dongle is all of 10 dollars so its not like the 10 dollar dongle is breaking my back.. its the fact that I paid for something and it has not been delivered.. You would think that someone of your stature would be able to grasp the concept. I guess you did not read the main reason I posted a couple posts back.. remote monitoring.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
You would think that someone of your stature would be able to grasp the concept.

As you signature notes, you sold your 436 because you weren't able to charge the clock battery.

As others have suggested, if you are that disappointed with the 536, why don't you stop the complaining and whining and sell the 536 also??

Can you grasp that concept??

VE3RADIO

As you signature notes, you sold your 436 because you weren't able to charge the clock battery.

As others have suggested, if you are that disappointed with the 536, why don't you stop the complaining and whining and sell the 536 also??

Can you grasp that concept??

I was able to charge it but after a week of non-use it would go dead.. I found it annoying.. I don't know the reason that the design team made it that way but if you do a little reading I am not the only person on here who found it to be annoying. I dont know if you can read or if your just being ignorant .. I already said that I like the 536 as a scanner.. I think it is nice.. but as others have pointed out who have read my signature.. I have lots of them.. so why did I need to buy the 536? ... I wanted to remote monitor.. simple..

I have to hand it to Paul, he cant do much wrong on here.. It simply does not matter that a key part of the scanner is several months delayed.. Just because you are getting what you wanted out of the scanner does not mean that others should not get what they want out of it.. or in fact paid for.

frazpo

have to hand it to Paul, he cant do much wrong on here.. It simply does not matter that a key part of the scanner is several months delayed.. Just because you are getting what you wanted out of the scanner does not mean that others should not get what they want out of it.. or in fact paid for.

Well put. And for people being so upset that your whining they keep returning to read and comment on your thread that you addressed to whom they are not. Amusing to say the least.

KevinC

Big Dog...celebrating 10 years of abuse!
Super Moderator
My observation...

If you complain about the x36HP-series you are wrong in the eyes of some.

If you praise the x36HP-series radios you are wrong in the eyes of some.

I don't see any winners here...so let the complainers complain and the praisers praise.

JoeyC

I bought this so I could listen to the area I live while I am at work out of range..http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=8000

Maybe my understanding of the wifi function in this scanner is wrong, but I wasn't aware this wifi stuff was gonna turn this into a super scanner.
I mean you can already setup a streaming client and stream your scanner to a server to be heard in an area that is out of its reception range and it doesn't take a 536HP to do it. I thought the wifi would allow connection of the scanner to your local wifi for control purposes over that wifi??

Status
Not open for further replies.