PRO-197 HELP!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mldksd09

First off, I'm new to all of this and not sure where to post this and I May not know how to check the status of this message but, I just purchased a USED radio shack pro-197 for pennies on the dollar from a friend that did not need it, well his kids dropped it and the volume/squelch knob broke and so did the control (lucky, the phone is still turned up) but I am unable to control the volume and squelch. Where can I send it to get it repaired or where could I just order the replacement parts and I can fix it myself? I have email and tryed calling radio shack service and GRE but no replys!! If anyone know of anything, please help!! My email is marvindowdy1989@hotmail.com if I don't replay on here

Bubba1661

WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Try This!
i suggest calling radio shack Customer Care Representative at 1-800-843-7422 they might be able to help you i have heard from this site that radio shack service centers does work on scanners that is out of warrenty if i am not mistaken but give them a call to see what they have to say

mldksd09

Well, calling radio and scannermaster is out of the question lol they don't do repairs nor carry parts. But the gcoradio guy did say he can modify it to a preset squelch and I can have volume control back for $65. Not to bad but would love to have squelch control back.. maybe someone will comment with a cheap parts radio lol thanks for the help guys

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Well, calling radio and scannermaster is out of the question lol they don't do repairs nor carry parts. But the gcoradio guy did say he can modify it to a preset squelch and I can have volume control back for $65. Not to bad but would love to have squelch control back.. maybe someone will comment with a cheap parts radio lol thanks for the help guys

Try Uniden's repair service, check these two links:

http://forums.radioreference.com/ra...service-work-repair-question.html#post2210991

Repair

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Well, uniden told me they only work on undien products

Maybe the person on the phone isn't aware of it, but maybe send them this link from the Uniden web site:

Uniden now repairs other brand model scanners. Service fee: $49.95.

Repairs to other brands is subject to parts availability. Most parts are common parts and are easily repairable, but case parts and custom electronic parts are typically non-repairable. Note that the flat-rate terms outlined above also apply to other-brand scanners.

Uniden | A World Without Wires - Uniden Repair Center

Status
Not open for further replies.