uniden BCD996T

Status
Not open for further replies.

bernnie

can some one explain how to download the dater base from radio ref. to my scanner
am running a bcd996t and cant find any help on Downloading the site to my scanner am trying to load the
site for CHATHAM/Effingham Georgia (Savannah, GA).am told that I should be able to download to the scanner but can't seem to find any help online or from uniden and would also like to load the (SEGARRN )
system also but not sure about the settings on the scanner if should be a mot type 1 system or what??
the radio Ref shows just project 25 phase 1 and not sure how to set the scanner up for it

here's hoping someone can possible help me
bernnie @Comcas.net or 912 667-2881
thanks

lep

can some one explain how to download the dater base from radio ref. to my scanner
am running a bcd996t and cant find any help on Downloading the site to my scanner am trying to load the
site for CHATHAM/Effingham Georgia (Savannah, GA).am told that I should be able to download to the scanner but can't seem to find any help online or from uniden and would also like to load the (SEGARRN )
system also but not sure about the settings on the scanner if should be a mot type 1 system or what??
the radio Ref shows just project 25 phase 1 and not sure how to set the scanner up for it

here's hoping someone can possible help me
bernnie @Comcas.net or 912 667-2881
thanks

What software are you using to control your 996T, I have a 996T on my auto to scan SEGARRN using a Laird 700/800 ?phantom antenna. Works great. I rarely update as there are not frequent changes that interest me. I am sure you know that Rincon GSP is remotely controlled from Brunswick.
I use Butel ARC as my software and it is "just follow the instructions" and pretty painless.
There are more TGs than the memory of your scanner can handle so you will have to select just what you want to listen to otherwise the download will fail. as it will not be able to write all the channels to your scanner.

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
Not a good idea to put personal info like a phone number out in public.

A little bit of searching on this site will have a lot of info on how to do this.
From, BCD996T - The RadioReference Wiki
gives you, Programming Your Uniden Scanner - The RadioReference Wiki

Then gives you FreeScan User Guide - The RadioReference Wiki

Near the end of that, will give you links to videos of how to do this.

With the area you mention having 41 groups, since there is a max. of 20. Answer yes when freescan asks you to compress.

For video demos on how to use this software check the links below.

Correction on the videos it says to put a check mark by each system you want to load into the scanner at the 'system quick key editor'. Actually the check marks are for those systems you want enabled to be scanning upon finishing the upload to the radio.
The check marks for what systems you want to load into the scanner are done at the 'Send to scanner' window

Status
Not open for further replies.