How to do selective audio recording

Status
Not open for further replies.

wa2sqq

I'm wondering if someone can explain the procedure for doing selective audio recording using the Sentinal software? I've figured out how to do recording, but unable to select only one specific frequency / channel. I appended this question to a previous thread and never received any response, so I thought I'd ask again under it's own subject title.

sibbley

Premium Subscriber
I'm wondering if someone can explain the procedure for doing selective audio recording using the Sentinal software? I've figured out how to do recording, but unable to select only one specific frequency / channel. I appended this question to a previous thread and never received any response, so I thought I'd ask again under it's own subject title.

Once you enable record, it records everything. There is no selective recording feature.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber

You could create a favorites list with just that one frequency, and monitor just that favorites list only (and not the main database).

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
It's easy to put a hold on a channel if you only want to listen to/record one channel. Just press the channel hold button when there is traffic on the channel of interest. Once the hold is in effect, the scanner will only play and record traffic on the held frequency.

wa2sqq

BIG mistake

Uniden [WRONGLY] chose to do away with per channel recording options starting with the HP-1

That's an understatement! Wow. That missing feature needs to be submitted for consideration in a firmware update. Recording all audio is just not useful. I'm wondering if Butel's software gives you that option?

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
You could always just choose to play back from one channel (if playing back on your PC) even though you recorded all.

Status
Not open for further replies.