LIttle Rock Public Safety System

Status
Not open for further replies.

N5JMC

Is the LRPS system technically still up? Or was it taken offline? I'm asking to know if I should even have the system in my scanner just in case something comes across. But if it was taken down I'll just delete it.

davidjacobs2012

Premium Subscriber
Is the LRPS system technically still up? Or was it taken offline? I'm asking to know if I should even have the system in my scanner just in case something comes across. But if it was taken down I'll just delete it.

What type of scanner do you have? I took a look at Pulaski County and it looks like the old hybrid system is transitioning to the AWIN system (P25 Phase 1). If you have any of the digital trunking scanners, you should be able to pick up the AWIN system no problem.

N5JMC

I have a pro 106. I have the AWIN programmed, just curious if the older system is still up to know if I should keep it programmed or not.

davidjacobs2012

Premium Subscriber
I have a pro 106. I have the AWIN programmed, just curious if the older system is still up to know if I should keep it programmed or not.

To be safe, I would. If you don't hear anything, then you can drop it. Nothing says if it has completed the transition. That's why I would keep it just incase

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
ALL Public Safety is now on the AWIN on the Little Rock Simulcast Site. Transit is also on it. Most DPW has also transitioned over. Unknown when they will fully shut off the old analog. It needs to be monitored until there is no longer an an CC on it. LRPD and NLRPD are both FULL TIME ENCRYPTED.

Status
Not open for further replies.