DSD or DSD+ Paired with Unitrunker

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbud42010

Ok so i want to pair Unitrunker with DSD or DSD+ I have a Pro-106 with a usb cable and a Pro-164 with a disc tap. Since my SDRSharp drivers or whatever wanted to stop working and tell me 1 device is found but all are busy i just want to use DSD and Unitrunker to listen to Provoice systems in my city.
Could anybody explain thoroughly how i could do that with my setup i have.

Im using Unitrunker 1.0.29.2 and DSD.1.6 on Windows 7

Thanks for Any Help Possible!
Buds

SCPD

QRT
The tapped Pro-164 and the PRO-106 (w/ USB cable) can both serve as signal receivers for control channel decoding.

The PRO-106 can also be used for voice following. For ProVoice, you would need to tap the PRO-106 to provide discriminator audio. The PRO-164 won't work since it can't be controlled by your computer.

Also, if you need help with an RTL stick, post a question in SDR forum.

bigbud42010

I dont understand how i can use the Pro-106 for Voice following? I did that before my Pro-106 will not decode Provoice. I just wanna use DSD and Unitrunker to Decode Provoice. My Dongle dont work no more since my drivers for is got all f@$@$% up so means i do not want to use my dongle stick cause it dont work and why do i need 2 signal receivers for? I really dont understand any of this and im very computer and electronic inclined!!

Thanks for any Help!
Buds

joeuser

The Wretched
I'm not sure what you read a lot of but I think you need to revisit the online stuff...

The 106 would take the place of the dongle. You need one for the control channel SIGNAL, the other does the voice channels/frequencies. 2 dongles or 2 radios with taps... OR one & the other...

You're going to have to work at this or have someone do it for you.

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
Hi bigbud.

Your PRO-164 could provide discriminator audio to DSD but it can only be manually tuned or programmed to scan a set of channels. To work with a program like Unitrunker, it must accept computer control to tune to a specific channel on demand. That's something the '164 does not do.

Your PRO-106 will accept tuning commands from a computer - but does not provide discriminator audio.

If you have an RTL stick, you can also use that as a voice following receiver - but you'll have to iron out the driver issues you hinted at earlier. With an RTL stick as the voice following receiver, the PRO-106 could be used as the signal receiver.

In short, you've got multiple potential working solutions. Pick one and go for it!

I suggest fixing the driver issue (probably about 5 to 15 minutes to do so) on the RTL. The PRO-106 is kinda pricey to replace. If you absolutely can't get the RTL stick working, you can always tap the '106.

Here's some info to help with your driver issue.

Zadig: Driver Installation

What usually happens is the OEM drivers get installed and Zadig fails to replace them with WinUSB (which what all the SDR software requires). Please read the above beginning to end a few times. If you have any questions - follow up on the SDR forum. We'll go from there.

bigbud42010

This is what my SDRSharp says 1 Compatible devices have been found but all are busy i have uninstalled SDRSharp then reinstalled it and i get the same thing i have even did the zadig installation 100000 times. The last time my rtl stick worked was last year now i just wanna throw it in the trash

joeuser

The Wretched
Not the dongles fault! If you want to throw out the problem, throw out the PC. You could also just uninstall any programs that have anything to do with the USB.

Status
Not open for further replies.