GSP Post 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanRollman

Database Admin
A few GSP questions:

1. Anyone heard GSP Post 6 (particularly Hall/White Counties) lately? In regular travels from Atlanta up 985/23, through Hall County and up into White County, I've heard nothing for several hours at a time (even when passing GSP units actively running laser or on traffic stops on 985/23. During this time, I have also had the scanner searching for analog or P25 traffic from 150-160 MHz to see if perhaps Post 6 has a new P25 repeater that isn't yet listed (or even licensed). Haven't hit any traffic that could be them. I sort of wonder if they are using an encrypted talkgroup on the Hall County DTRS, but that seems unlikely.

2. Is anyone hearing regular activity from Post 7 on 159.4125 P25? I typically exit Hwy 23 at Cornelia (Habersham County) and head west back into White County. I have not heard Post 7 on that frequency, but admittedly I stay right on the SW fringe of that posts territory.

3. Lastly, I have no trouble hearing Troop C Post 48/49 on the Atlanta DTRS, and Post 9 on the Cobb DTRS. But I rarely hear much out of Post 51 (Gwinnett). I know GSP isn't all that active in Gwinnett, but where are you hearing them when they are active? I sort of wonder if they are using an encrypted talkgroup on the Gwinnett County DTRS, but that seems unlikely.

Thanks,
Dan

N8IAA

A few GSP questions:

1. Anyone heard GSP Post 6 (particularly Hall/White Counties) lately? In regular travels from Atlanta up 985/23, through Hall County and up into White County, I've heard nothing for several hours at a time (even when passing GSP units actively running laser or on traffic stops on 985/23. During this time, I have also had the scanner searching for analog or P25 traffic from 150-160 MHz to see if perhaps Post 6 has a new P25 repeater that isn't yet listed (or even licensed). Haven't hit any traffic that could be them. I sort of wonder if they are using an encrypted talkgroup on the Hall County DTRS, but that seems unlikely.

2. Is anyone hearing regular activity from Post 7 on 159.4125 P25? I typically exit Hwy 23 at Cornelia (Habersham County) and head west back into White County. I have not heard Post 7 on that frequency, but admittedly I stay right on the SW fringe of that posts territory.

3. Lastly, I have no trouble hearing Troop C Post 48/49 on the Atlanta DTRS, and Post 9 on the Cobb DTRS. But I rarely hear much out of Post 51 (Gwinnett). I know GSP isn't all that active in Gwinnett, but where are you hearing them when they are active? I sort of wonder if they are using an encrypted talkgroup on the Gwinnett County DTRS, but that seems unlikely.

Thanks,
Dan

Hey Dan:)
1. On a recent trip north to NC, I monitored all the new frequencies along 985. 154.800 is still in use, but put 154.8975 into the scanner. I have posted this frequency multiple times here on RR, but it never makes it into the database. All in analog with carrier squelch.
2. No activity on Post 7, or Post 37 on the trip.
I had activity on the new Post 27A, Post 27B, and Post 32 on that
trip. (8/17/14)
3. Again, try 154.8975. It has the most activity in the Gwinnett area.
Larry

DanRollman

Database Admin
Hey Dan:)
1. On a recent trip north to NC, I monitored all the new frequencies along 985. 154.800 is still in use, but put 154.8975 into the scanner. I have posted this frequency multiple times here on RR, but it never makes it into the database. All in analog with carrier squelch.
2. No activity on Post 7, or Post 37 on the trip.
I had activity on the new Post 27A, Post 27B, and Post 32 on that
trip. (8/17/14)
3. Again, try 154.8975. It has the most activity in the Gwinnett area.
Larry

Thanks Larry. What is your view on what that frequency (154.8975) is actually used for? Is it the new Gwinnett Post frequency? I am happy to enter it into the database if you're confident in its use, but I am not hearing anything on it from Tucker (1 mile from the Gwinnett line).

Dan

nunyax

Thanks Larry. What is your view on what that frequency (154.8975) is actually used for? Is it the new Gwinnett Post frequency? I am happy to enter it into the database if you're confident in its use, but I am not hearing anything on it from Tucker (1 mile from the Gwinnett line).

Dan

Dan,
I also haven't heard anything on 154.8975 from here in Walton County. According to KIB588 it will be the input frequency for Post 27's 155.5125 repeater in Blue Ridge. It's also licensed as a statewide mobile frequency on KA5323. Maybe they're using it as a link?

When traveling through Hall and White counties, were you monitoring the state sheriff's band 154.905/.935? Some posts switched to using that while they make the transition to digital. Troop E switched back to it back in February. My area is still using both analog 154.905/.935 and digital 154.9125 for Monroe Post 46/Madison Post 8.

N8IAA

Dan

Dan, I hear it being used throughout Gwinnett and up into Jackson county. They are definitely using GSP ID's. Mostly used on I-85, some on 985. Traffic stops, 41's. Did hear them simulcast on another frequency, just can't remember which.
Larry

DanRollman

Database Admin
Dan, I hear it being used throughout Gwinnett and up into Jackson county. They are definitely using GSP ID's. Mostly used on I-85, some on 985. Traffic stops, 41's. Did hear them simulcast on another frequency, just can't remember which.
Larry

Strange. I am still not hearing GSP in Gwinnett on that frequency. I was up and down 85/985 a few times last weekend and did not hear any GSP Gwinnett activity on that frequency, or other possibilities (154.68/154.8, 155.910, state band, Atlanta DTRS) on either of two different scanners, even though I saw lots of GSP units in Gwinnett.

I did hear GSP activity on their Atlanta DTRS talkgroup, but it was down in Atlanta.

I also heard GSP activity on 154.905, but it was up in Hall county.

I actually passed several GSP units on traffic stops in Gwinnett, and a 41 on I-985 southbound at the I-85 merge, and in one instance I actually watched a GSP unit talking into his handheld as I passed by, but didn't hear him on the scanners (should have had Close Call running!!).

So GSP's frequency for Gwinnett traffic remains a mystery to me...

Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.