Uploading BCD536HP

Status
Not open for further replies.

engineer69

Feed Provider
Ive had the radio for a couple months now with no problems. I just tried uploading some new frequencies into the radio using Butel software and it wont take the change. It doesn't remove any of the previous frequencies.Any ideas or should I send the radio in.

an39511

You need to check the SD card. Many are going bad for unknown reasons. I had the same problem as you and my SD card was corrupted. I could read from the card but could no longer write to it. I tried to repair the card but it failed. Installed a new one and the problem was fixed.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Are you able to read your scanner using ARC 536? That might give you an idea of whether your computer and scanner are passing data back and forth.

That's the only other suggestion that comes to mind beyond doing as mentioned above - trying a write in Sentinel.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
They are quite plentiful. Best Buy, Wal-mart - pretty much any place that sells digital photography stuff.

There are different brands available. . . Some folks swear by one brand and others swear at them. I use San Disk. For my house scanner I have a 32GB card and for my car scanner I have 16 GB. They'll run between $18 and $30, but I imagine they can be found even cheaper.

Most of them come with the adapter cards for the HD size. Many newer computers have slots where you can plug these cards into the computer and do your programming that way.

When you first get your card, you can re-format it using the SD Formatter utility.

https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4

Then use Sentinel to Clear User Data. That installs the needed files on the new card.

All of these steps are fairly easy.

Hit_Factor

The memory card you need is specifically called a microSD. There will be variations, but they all start with micoSD.

It will come formatted. It's highly unlikely that you will need to use the SD format link in the previous post.

If this is unfamiliar territory for you, take the orginal memory card with you when you go to buy a replacement.

engineer69

Feed Provider
I bought a Camcorder with 2 SD cards last week.I new I bought a extra for a reason. Changed it out and used the Sentinal Software to clear system and it is working great. Thanks for the help guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.