via beach trip info

Status
Not open for further replies.

reconrider8

Headed to the beach this coming weekend but wondering what is active up that way at this time ex orion the via beach system etc. I've read a lot about simulcast up that way but not sure what system it was on or what not. Will be staying at a local camp ground up that way so I'll try and see what else I can find

Last edited:

bep

Premium Subscriber
Welcome to the beach. For Va. Beach emergency services you will want to program site 2. Here is the page Overlay Regional InterOperability Network (ORION) Trunking System, Various, Virginia - Scanner Frequencies
Due to the weekend concerts you may also want to enter Site 1 and select the Va. Beach groups. They are sometimes used for events.
The two campgrounds close to the beach should be good area for reception. Elsewhere the simulcast issue surfaces.
Lots of military, Coast Guard activity also

kc4jgc

Headed to the beach this coming weekend but wondering what is active up that way at this time ex orion the via beach system etc. I've read a lot about simulcast up that way but not sure what system it was on or what not. Will be staying at a local camp ground up that way so I'll try and see what else I can find

Check your PM before you log off, please.

SCPD

QRT
For the Coast Guard, I've heard them using CG-105 and CG-111, but I would put in all the CG LMR frequencies.

reconrider8

thanks for that i had looked in the wiki but didnt see anything for the USCG. what else is up there to monitor im really interested in the ltr systems because i dont have but one anywhere near me and thats a 30 min drive

SCPD

QRT
LTR systems aren't really all that, very limited coverage, I'd put in the ELMR 380 system, for Oceana, Norfolk Naval Base, Norfolk Naval Shipyard, Northwest Annex, Also should add Nightingale Dispatch 462.9500 CTCSS 100.0

reconrider8

I had looked at those systems but idk how much i would hear off of them besize fire traffic and maybe some operations.. what is nightingale dispatch?

SCPD

QRT
Nightingale is the area Medevac helo, based in Norfolk. With it being summertime, you never know what you may hear.

Status
Not open for further replies.