Help with Ruckersville

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hokies3030

Premium Subscriber
Greetings I am new to this forum, I live in Ruckersville. I purchased a pro - 107 and was happy with it but still wanted more. Looking at a pro - 106, will this pick up state police, game warden, Albemarle, Charlottesville and UVa police. Really wanted to listen to Greene / Madison / Orange Sheriff but have been told that they are motoTRBO and "nothing can pick that up". Any help.....

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
I've moved your post to its own thread since it didn't have much to do with the thread you posted it in.

ka3nxn

Premium Subscriber
The PRO-106 will do ACPO 25 and Albemarle county, Charlottesville City, UVA, also will do the STARS system that the state PD and game wardens use. Get a good base antenna if you're using it as a base or a good external mobile antenna for the car.

Good luck

Jaime-KA3NXN. Charlottesville, VA.

n4jri

Premium Subscriber
I second the 106 as a good radio. The new Uniden 436 also.. For MotoTRBO, your best bet is using a SDR with your computer.

73/Allen (N4JRI)

QDP2012

Welcome to RR,

The 106 does a very good job monitoring VA STARS and CECC.

You probably already know this, but if you cannot find a 106, you might check for its "twins" -- old GRE 500, and the newer RS Pro 651 / Whistler WS 1040. They are the same exact scanners except for some cosmetic differences.

Please also notice a comment in another thread that CECC is reportedly rebanding their system, and might be scheduled to replace the current system in 2016. Details are not yet public, but this might include moving to a Phase 2 system (I don't know, just a guess), which would mean that none of the above scanners will be able to monitor it.

Whistler, hopefully, will release Phase 2 capable scanners in 2015. Uniden has released the 436HP/536HP scanners recently, which are Phase 2 capable. Other threads in the Uniden forum might help you decide whether you want one of these or want to wait for a scanner that might be released in 2015.

If you choose to get a 106 or equivalent, I think you will enjoy it.

Hope this helps,

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
You can also do a discriminator tap and listen to the DMR , I live in Elkton and monitor Greene County , not everything in Greene is DMR

GmanX

Premium Subscriber
Only Greene Sd is Trbo Fire/Rescue is still analog. Orange Sd is Trbo Fire rescue is analog, Madison everything is trbo except an analog paging channel for fire/rescue

GmanX

Premium Subscriber
I want to say 155.235 but I may be mistaken. If all you hear is a data stream that's not it

Status
Not open for further replies.