Coast Guard in the Desert

Status
Not open for further replies.

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
I caught an interesting frequency this weekend. I have been hearing units calling “Coast Guard Roosevelt” on 150.7000 107.2PL. This is a repeater, and I am receiving it full signal. I’m guessing there are some extra patrolling activities occurring on the lakes for the long weekend.

MtnBiker2005

Premium Subscriber
Some info about these repeaters.

Navajo Mtn Repeater – Lake Powell
This repeater serves all of Lake Powell. It is situated on top of Navajo Mountain at an elevation of 10,388’ above sea level. It overlooks the entire 186 mile long lake on the Colorado River and its 96 major canyons.
The repeater’s operating frequency is:
150.700 Mhz – output
149.200 Mhz - input
CTCSS tone - 156.7 Hz

Mt. Ord Repeater - Phoenix
This repeater serves the Phoenix Arizona area and the lakes along the Salt River. It is situated on top of Mt. Ord at an elevation of 7,156’ above sea level. It is located approximately 50 miles northeast of downtown Phoenix.
The repeater’s operating frequency is:
150.700 Mhz – output
149.200 Mhz – input
CTCSS tone – 107.2 Hz

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
ecps92, you point me to great articles in the Wiki a lot. I need to start searching the Wiki more often. :) Thanks for the awesome info!

APSN556

Premium Subscriber
Yep, they are on Roosevelt Lake during most busy weekends. I've actually been "rescued" by them on Roosevelt it the past. Being as I'm at that lake religiously, I see them all the time. The run around in a small cabin cruiser with no markings on it. Its a handful of retired gents that mainly do it for fun, as part of their auxiliary group. 99% of the time all they do is talk on the radio WAY too much about nothing, give out water bottles, and tow broken down watercraft to the marina. They can also be heard routinely on Marine channel 16 when they spot a possible injured fish, bird, or drunkard.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.