Increased listening to okc area online feeds

Status
Not open for further replies.

nermel

I've noticed over the past couple of weeks, the number of listeners to local feeds has increased dramatically. It is now rare for the "Oklahoma City Police" feed to have fewer than 100 listeners, has been almost steady at 200+ most days in the past week. Other local feeds have increased as well over the past few weeks.

This weekend, there were 500+ listeners on "Oklahoma City Police", 100+ at the same time for Norman, and other nearby feeds. Is there any reason for this increase?

Romak3

Banned
My guess is there are a lot of law abiding citizens who are concerned for the well being of mankind in their area. Or, cell phones gone wild and encryption is creeping closer to a tower near you. Don't invest in any new radios anytime soon. Time will tell,good luck!

dward42586

Premium Subscriber
Audio feeds

I do an audio feed for Pawnee and Osage county. I have also noticed an increase in listeners in the past 2 weeks. Normally, unless something big was going on, I would only have 3 or 4 listeners. Over the past few days, I have had 20 or more listeners most of the time.

nermel

The Oklahoma City 145.41 repeater has 7 listeners currently, granted there is a severe thunderstorm watch for Northern Oklahoma. Over the weekend, it had at least 5 listeners every time i checked, yet no severe weather was going on. When there isn't weather, paint drying is more exciting to listen to than that repeater.

gunmasternd

I've noticed over the past couple of weeks, the number of listeners to local feeds has increased dramatically. It is now rare for the "Oklahoma City Police" feed to have fewer than 100 listeners, has been almost steady at 200+ most days in the past week. Other local feeds have increased as well over the past few weeks.

This weekend, there were 500+ listeners on "Oklahoma City Police", 100+ at the same time for Norman, and other nearby feeds. Is there any reason for this increase?

holiday? if you wanna call it that. Either that or a highschooler told his whole class, about this really cool app on his phone that can listen to police etc.

safetyobc

Arkansas State Police Pulaski County feed went up by over 100 to 200 listeners (depending on the time) recently too. Not sure if some other sites or apps traffic is now being pushed to broadcastify or what is going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.