Terra Int'l trunked system

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveH

DB record for this system appears to have incorrect/missing info. Just trying to help...

Terra International Trunking System, Courtwright, Ontario - Scanner Frequencies

TAFL shows 454.4375, 454.4875, and 463.3125 repeater outputs. RR DB record
shows 459.4875 as a CC, but it's the input to 454.4875.

Also, base/offset/step is missing which means scanners can't be set up to track.
This looks like at least a 2-range system. If nobody's figured it out, someone within
receive range (I'm not) could collect channel numbers using TRUNK88 etc. and post them.
We've done this before successfully.

Dave

mciupa

Database Admin
DB record for this system appears to have incorrect/missing info. Just trying to help...

Terra International Trunking System, Courtwright, Ontario - Scanner Frequencies

TAFL shows 454.4375, 454.4875, and 463.3125 repeater outputs. RR DB record
shows 459.4875 as a CC, but it's the input to 454.4875.

Also, base/offset/step is missing which means scanners can't be set up to track.
This looks like at least a 2-range system. If nobody's figured it out, someone within
receive range (I'm not) could collect channel numbers using TRUNK88 etc. and post them.
We've done this before successfully.

Dave

Thanks Dave for pointing this out. The submitter had just requested the addition of a Moto connect tone to the DB.
Maybe more eyes on this system with this post will help put the puzzle pieces in place. :)

Second channel corrected to output freq.

Last edited:

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
I've logged this system a few years back according to UT but 0 activity... so no LCN's to share I'm afraid. I'll get ahold of the submitter and see what else he has. I'll also correct the spelling of Courtright on the system :)

Muxlow

Super Secret
The control channel for the Motorola system is still active but thats it.

In the last 24 hours iv been listening to their new system with plenty of activity

Its now a NXDN 4800baud system

Groups
101 Herd normal plant chatter
102 Herd normal plant chatter
103 Herd normal plant chatter
104 Herd normal plant chatter
105 Recorded voice of some dood saying "Alarm" 3 times. Happens alot it seems only on this group
106 Herd normal plant chatter
107 Engineers moving the train cars around. Could hear them calling out the feet and herd the cars connecting

Herd all this from a buddies radio who works there. On the screen only shows group numbers or as he calls it channels.

Thats all the info iv got on this system. Can prolly remove the old motorola since it hasnt been used in a long time. Few months ago i parked UT on the motorola control channel for a week with 0 activity.

Last edited:

mciupa

Database Admin
The control channel for the Motorola system is still active but thats it.

In the last 24 hours iv been listening to their new system with plenty of activity

Its now a NXDN 4800baud system

Groups
101 Herd normal plant chatter
102 Herd normal plant chatter
103 Herd normal plant chatter
104 Herd normal plant chatter
105 Recorded voice of some dood saying "Alarm" 3 times. Happens alot it seems only on this group
106 Herd normal plant chatter
107 Engineers moving the train cars around. Could hear them calling out the feet and herd the cars connecting

Herd all this from a buddies radio who works there. On the screen only shows group numbers or as he calls it channels.

Thats all the info iv got on this system. Can prolly remove the old motorola since it hasnt been used in a long time. Few months ago i parked UT on the motorola control channel for a week with 0 activity.

I've put the Moto system into the Deprecated list and put the NXDN system into the database. Terra International Trunking System, Courtwright, Ontario - Scanner Frequencies

Last edited:

DaveH

I guess we have an answer of sorts...probably not much future in the old system.

Analog trunked systems around Ottawa are getting cut back substantially, losing
channels and users; many off the air completely. The old Type I system 1fdd
(more accurately xx1d) at the height of activity over a decade ago had 20 channels,
>200 groups and over 2000 radios (still have the Trunker logs). It was shut down
earlier this year. I'm sure this is a widespread occurence.

Type I/II Moto system 462f is down from 4 sites to 1, with one lone user. TRBO
and NXDN are really taking hold.

Dave

Muxlow

Super Secret
That they are. Alot of the LTR systems have been changed over to TRBO.

Im waiting to see what all these other chemical plants around Lambton County changes to. They are all single site type 1/2 systems and im sure will be changing out soon. Same with the sarnia motorola system, few nights of running unitrunker on it and about 4 groups ever active.

Status
Not open for further replies.