Elizabeth Public Schools?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Analogrules

With the school year starting, I attempted to monitor frequencies listed for Elizabeth Board Of Ed from Cityfreq's website since RR doesn't list a thing that I can find. I live in the next town over and been trying to hear their schools security frequencies. However, all I am hearing are P25 or DMR noise on my analog scanner for their frequencies. Perhaps I don't have the correct ones that they currently use. Does anyone have their correct frequencies and are they simplex or repeater? I am also looking for any school security frequencies used in Roselle Park (town where I live). Thanks!

ecps92

You would be better served going to the FCC.gov site vs CityFreqs
Atleast at the FCC you can click on the license and see
a.) Repeater or Simplex
b.) Emissions (Analog, P25, TRBO, NXDN)

With the school year starting, I attempted to monitor frequencies listed for Elizabeth Board Of Ed from Cityfreq's website since RR doesn't list a thing that I can find. I live in the next town over and been trying to hear their schools security frequencies. However, all I am hearing are P25 or DMR noise on my analog scanner for their frequencies. Perhaps I don't have the correct ones that they currently use. Does anyone have their correct frequencies and are they simplex or repeater? I am also looking for any school security frequencies used in Roselle Park (town where I live). Thanks!

Analogrules

I just can't find where in the FCC license listings where it indicates analog, P25, etc...

Analogrules

Got it, thanks! Unfortunately, after looking it up, I see that Elizabeth Schools are listed as DMR. I still can't believe they don't create a scanner with DMR capability. Surprisingly, the emission designator for Cranford PD doesn't reveal P25, even though that's what they use. Odd.

ecps92

Make sure your findings get submited for the RRDB
The info only grows based on what "WE" as members submit

If it doesn't get submitted, it doesn't exist

Got it, thanks! Unfortunately, after looking it up, I see that Elizabeth Schools are listed as DMR. I still can't believe they don't create a scanner with DMR capability. Surprisingly, the emission designator for Cranford PD doesn't reveal P25, even though that's what they use. Odd.

665_NJ

Scanner enthusiast
Premium Subscriber
The hard part is for any agency IS to get coordinated and licensed on a particular frequency. If they are already licensed is the process is to modify to become Narrow Band compliant and meed FCC guild-lines. Once this is accomplished especially the Narrow Banding, the switch to P25 which meets these regulations is only another license modification away...which is easier..if and only if the the agency indeed modifies the emissions part on their license...go figure...

Aforementioned...you got new data..please submit it..thanks!

Max:cool:

Analogrules

Nah, I didn't really get any new data. RR doesn't list anything for Elizabeth Board Of Ed anyway, therefore even if I submitted what the fcc database already has listed (DMR), it would be useless due to no scanners having the ability to decode it. :(

GM

Premium Subscriber
I have to disagree with the above post. If we the members confirm 100% that an agency/department is using a certain mode, and the frequency is not listed in the database, (even if it is not supported by current scanners), then by all means submit the info as to what it is, indicating that it is DMR, NXDN, or which ever mode it is. Then, those with more advanced toys and data slicers/decoders, etc. will work on it and eventually find out the missing info, benefitting everyone else as well. Remember, this is a team effort here. Little bits of info to start out with become mysteries solved eventually, but only if others can assist along the way... ;)

Analogrules

Fair enough. If it benefits some on here, I will submit it when I have more time. I am assuming I would just click on the link above that says "submit info"? I also need more time to truly confirm which ones are DMR vs. which frequencies are simply silent/not used.

GM

Premium Subscriber
Yes, you would click on that Submit Info tab and follow the guidelines that are set in place (they have an example of how a submission should be submitted). If you go over to Scott Wilson's Strange Sounds web page W2SJW - Home you can hear what some of the raw and decoded signals sounds like. Then, you'll be able to submit what you hear on a particular frequency based on sound, etc. I've submitted a number of strange sounds to that page, another example of team work to benefit everyone else. ;)

ecps92

You did find new info.
You Over-the-Air confirmed DMR use for that Freq
Please make a submission

Altho there are no scanners that can decode DMR (stand-alone) having the info in the DB is very helpful. imagine if it was listed. You would have known right away what you just discovered

Nah, I didn't really get any new data. RR doesn't list anything for Elizabeth Board Of Ed anyway, therefore even if I submitted what the fcc database already has listed (DMR), it would be useless due to no scanners having the ability to decode it. :(

Analogrules

True, I will make the submission. I just wonder if RR intentionally left it out of the db because all of their frequencies are DMR.

ecps92

No. The info is accepted and processed.
There are plenty of threads where folks are using DSD with a computer to process/decode the DMR audio and the DMR data continues to grow

RR is built upon USER submissions, not FCC Dumps (which don't have PL/DPL, NAC or CONFIRMED USAGE)

True, I will make the submission. I just wonder if RR intentionally left it out of the db because all of their frequencies are DMR.

Analogrules

Ok. Yeah, I have an old scanner so I don't have any PL info either on these frequencies......only the frequencies themselves and that they are using DMR

Analogrules

Ok, after doing more HW and monitoring, I was finally able to make this submission. Here it is, while it awaits approval by RR.

Elizabeth Board Of Education

Freq. Input. License type
451.350 456.350 WQDT854 DMR
464.525 469.525 KNGW719 DMR
451.275 456.275 WQFQ242 DMR
462.100 467.100 WQFQ242 DMR
461.925 466.925 WQFQ242 DMR
464.9125 469.9125 WQFQ242 DMR

Status
Not open for further replies.