Kearny PD

Status
Not open for further replies.

n2kkz

Premium Subscriber
I was told Kearny PD will not be encrypted anymore, due to technical/ money issues. I heard them in the clear the other night. Can anyone else confirm this?

n2kkz

Premium Subscriber
You know what? You're right! Please don't anyone else confirm that. Because I heard it, that should be enough. Thanks, enjoy!

665_NJ

Scanner enthusiast
Premium Subscriber
Kearny PD now in the clear?

OK gentlemen, is Kearny PD now in the clear on All their channels (1, 2 & 3)? Or just their Ch 1 dispatch? If they have indeed dropped encryption, please by all means make a submission indicating so. This will guarantee entry into DB. (Information posted only in forums can be easily missed.)

Thanks,

Max:cool:

RadioDitch

Signals Identification Member
Premium Subscriber
OK gentlemen, is Kearny PD now in the clear on All their channels (1, 2 & 3)? Or just their Ch 1 dispatch? If they have indeed dropped encryption, please by all means make a submission indicating so. This will guarantee entry into DB. (Information posted only in forums can be easily missed.)

Thanks,

Max:cool:

Negative. Dispatch console is in the clear, mobiles and portables (except for EMS) are encrypted.

K2DNR_JC

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I was told Kearny PD will not be encrypted anymore, due to technical/ money issues. I heard them in the clear the other night. Can anyone else confirm this?

I have been listening to their channel 1 and the desk is clear all of the time and the cars/portables are encrypted about 50% of the time. If it changes i'll post back.

The callsign for their CH-1 and CH-2 is WIL676 not KEA245

NJParamedic

Any update on this, guys? I keep seeing their dispatch channel pop up on my 436 but no audio. Just a bleep.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.