Status
Not open for further replies.

radioscan

Radio Sensei
Database Admin
Upgrade / Cut-Over Schedule
Tuesday 9/9/2014

BRICS personnel will visit each dispatch center to do the following:

Switch the center to their temporary radio console configurations with reduced functionality

Test fire tones and other functions

Conduct test of dispatch center backup equipment

By Tuesday evening, all dispatch centers will be operating at a reduced level of functionality. All public safety agencies should be aware that they will only be assigned incident talkgroups when there is an urgent need, and that they will need to reduce any unnecessary radio traffic. All emergency alarms will now be answered by the 9COM center using a special receiver and relayed to the appropriate dispatch center.

Wednesday 9/10/2014

Site Trunking begins

Three channels taken out of service on present-day BRICS system for preparation on new system, increasing the chance of busy signals

Reduced dispatch center functionality and restricted talkgroup use continues

Thursday 9/11/2014 - Subscriber Cut-Over

All public safety personnel should pay close attention to announcements from their dispatcher during this period. Users who may not normally use an 800MHz portable should be encouraged to do so. It may be wise for Fire/EMS users to monitor both 800MHz and alternate alerting methods (alpha-page, VHF pager).

Start of Day
The following agencies should begin the day using their talkgroups on the new system. Consult your template and call BRICS with questions.
Butler County Regional Transit Authority
Middletown Senior Center Transit
Partners in Prime Transit
City of Fairfield Public Works & Public Utilities
West Chester Township Service / Public Works

9:00 AM (at or around this time, when notified by BRICS over PSAP talkgroup)
All Trenton / 5COM users switch to new talkgroups

10:00 AM (at or around this time, when notified by BRICS over PSAP talkgroup)
Switch to new talkgroups:
All remaining 3COM / City of Fairfield users
All 6COM / City of Monroe users
All remaining 7COM / West Chester Township users
All 8COM / City of Middletown users
All Butler County Jail users

11:00 AM (at or around this time, when notified by BRICS over PSAP talkgroup)
Switch to new talkgroups:
All 1COM / City of Oxford, Oxford Township, College Corner users
All 4COM / Miami University users
All 9COM users switch to emergency traffic only and MDT dispatching

11:30 AM (at or around this time, when notified by BRICS over PSAP talkgroup)
All users under the 9COM / Butler County dispatch center switch to new talkgroups
System will remain under reduced channel availability until mid-day on Friday and all users should continue with necessary traffic only.

Dispatch centers will remain under reduced radio console functionality until their cut-over during the following week.

Mark, N8ICW

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

radioscan

Radio Sensei
Database Admin
No, not at all. Frequencies will be the same, they will become a new zone on MARCS-IP. The talkgroups will be completely different.

bigbud42010

Oh ok so im best to delete the BRICS TSYS out of my pro-106 and pro-197 and just run a wildcard?
My trial programming software expired and i dont have the money to buy the software to reprogram them after the DB updates with new TGRPS

radioscan

Radio Sensei
Database Admin
Here is what you do:

1. Keep BRICS in as a TSYS through next week. Probably by Monday September 22nd it will be safe to delete it.

2. Program the current BRICS control and alternative control channels into your MARCS-IP TSYS. Have a wildcard programmed and you should be ready to capture the new talkgroups as they become active.

Pay close attention to the cutover schedule if you are able on Thursday September 11th. Subscriber cutover begins at 9:00 AM with Trenton Units (5COM) migrating over to their new talkgroups. Any new talkgroups active at that time should be belong to Trenton agencies. Then follow thw schedule thereafter.

You can alpha tag talkgroups later as you store them from wildcards. I'm it will be no time be submissions with the correct alpha tags come into the database.

Mark, N8ICW

radioscan

Radio Sensei
Database Admin
IMPORTANT*** Another thing to keep in mind. Butler County will be utilizing 'Strategic Roaming' just like Warren and Greene Counnties are now using.

That means only a few specific radios will be programmed to allow use of MARCS-IP sites outside of Butler County. SO, if you live outside of receiving range of the Butler County Simulcast Site, do not expect to hear Butler County radio traffic of off other MARCS-IP sites on an everyday basis.

Mark, N8ICW

Last edited:

bigbud42010

Oh nice your the man radioscan i appreciate the info i live in clark county but i have my radios programmed all the way to cincy and over to columbus. so i wanted to know what info to keep in my radios. Yea and every once in a while i hear fairborn pd on the springfield tower but not all the time the same with GFE county fire

Thanks for the info
Buds

Status
Not open for further replies.