Madison WI Police

Status
Not open for further replies.

sutter927

I have noticed that all of the Madison WI police channels have stopped broadcasting on Broadcastify. Does anyone know why and if they will be returning?

Thanks
Sutter

Sile

Premium Subscriber
Hi Sutter - feed name (and provider?) changed to "Madison and University of Wisconsin Campus Police."

shadcall

Hi Sutter - feed name (and provider?) changed to "Madison and University of Wisconsin Campus Police."

That is not the same feed that used to be broadcast. The feed you refer to only covers the UW area. The discontinued feed which I used to listen to covered a broader area of the city including the east side.

sutter927

I agree there used to be a strictly Madison feed with out UW but that seems to have disappeared weeks ago. The UW - Madison was off for several days and I was meaning that. Will straight Madison ever come back does anybody know?

shadcall

I agree there used to be a strictly Madison feed with out UW but that seems to have disappeared weeks ago. The UW - Madison was off for several days and I was meaning that. Will straight Madison ever come back does anybody know?

It all depends on whether or not someone wants to host the feed. All feeds are voluntary with the host using his/her equipment to provide the feed. Hopefully someone will step up and be willing to host the feed. I, like you, miss the feed as I am from Madison and loved listening to my hometown.

PhilBrinkman

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone in this thread know what frequency this feed is operating on? I'm trying to figure out why it's not showing up on my Uniden BC785D scanner.

shadcall

Does anyone in this thread know what frequency this feed is operating on? I'm trying to figure out why it's not showing up on my Uniden BC785D scanner.

He is also broadcasting a limited number of talkgroups primarily those in the UW and surrounding area including State Street and downtown. He is not broadcasting groups covering the East or West side of the city. You can see in the database the talkgroups used by the UW Police.

sutter927

For the past several days he seems to only be broadcasting the data channel for the Madison Police, no UW or other stations are coming through, does this mean a change was made?

Status
Not open for further replies.