Internet radio streaming with "butt".

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpmac

I am a new member, interested in the same thing. How did it go with "butt"? (sounds weird to say that). I have also been looking into AIMP, you or anyone else have experience/feedback on that? And is RadioRef the best place for info to get me started in Internet Radio?

KC9VZV

Premium Subscriber
I am a new member, interested in the same thing. How did it go with "butt"? (sounds weird to say that). I have also been looking into AIMP, you or anyone else have experience/feedback on that? And is RadioRef the best place for info to get me started in Internet Radio?

I did get it working and it has run without issue for months now so I'm pretty happy. The only complaint I would have is that the recording feature does not label the recordings by day they were recorded on. Instead, it dates it on the day and time you started the recording and then just numbers it off for each separate file.
The broadcasting feature, however, seems to work great.
And to answer your last question, unfortunately no. RadioReference is dedicated to radio communications related topics (i.e. radio monitoring, amateur radio, MURS/GMRS/FRS radio, CB, etc). The only reason you see things related to streaming live audio on the web on the forums here is that RadioReference/Broadcastify.com hosts the largest number of live police, fire, and rescue radio feeds on the internet so there's a lot of talk about it.

jpmac

Dan, thanks so much for your prompt reply. I understand about RadioRef, and why I will need to go elsewhere for more in depth on Internet Radio...probably the best/easiest way to get my feet (or ears) wet. Then maybe switch over to a "real" radio station. Any suggestions on Internet Radio info? Thanks again, JP

burner50

The Third Variable
Database Admin
I've moved your post to it's own thread.

Threadjacking is against the rules here.

Status
Not open for further replies.