NYPD CW3 info

Status
Not open for further replies.

uhhmunch3884

Premium Subscriber
So I was listening to NYPD CW3 and I heard a unit come over as "Bus Unit RMP #3346" so I wanted to know if anyone on here could tell me: A.) What is the bus unit? B.) What is their purpose? C.) An estimate of how many cops could be in that unit? D.) What bureau are they assigned to?
and finally E.) What other units use CW3 regularly?

Last edited:

ff026

Feed Provider
The bus unit enforces traffic laws on non mta buses in nyc. Their parent command is traffic bureau it's not a very big unit. Say less then 25 police officers. CW3 is usually used by NYPD traffic units civilian and uniform.

uhhmunch3884

Premium Subscriber
The bus unit enforces traffic laws on non mta buses in nyc. Their parent command is traffic bureau it's not a very big unit. Say less then 25 police officers. CW3 is usually used by NYPD traffic units civilian and uniform.

Oh okay thanks I also thought that they rode on the bus lines around the city looking for arrest to make and summonses to write but, if that is all they do then it seems pretty boring lol.

ff026

Feed Provider
The MTA has revenue agents who ride around on buses writing people summons or arrests for theft of service on mta buses.

uhhmunch3884

Premium Subscriber
The MTA has revenue agents who ride around on buses writing people summons or arrests for theft of service on mta buses.

Oh yeah you mean the "eagle teams"? Wow I really thought the NYPD would help hold down the buses. I know the NYPD has the transit bureau but they focus on the train lines underground that are ran by the MTA NYCT. However, no cops on the buses except for the impact rookies who do 10-75B bus directed for like 3 to 5 blocks on the bus then get off lol. But yeah usually see those revenue agents on the SBS routes here in nyc.

Status
Not open for further replies.