Lake Forest FD moves to 154.160

Status
Not open for further replies.

N9JIG

Sheriff
Lake Forest FD is now on 154.160 (127.3) ("Quad 4 East") along with Highland Park. I assume that Lake Bluff and Knollwood is there too since they are now all dispatched by "Glenview North" out of Highland Park.

Countryside, Libertyville and Mundelein remain on 154.430 ("Quad 4 West").

N9JIG

Sheriff
I received updated info from other CARMA members:

154.160 and 154.175 are sort of paired, Lake Forest and Lake Bluff are using 154.175 ("Quad 4 East") while Highland Park stays on 154.160. Apparently there is some sort of simulcast between them and Lake Forest has been heard using both channels.

Knollwood is staying on 154.430 and being dispatched by Countryside. I knew that but forgot it...

These changes are all part of the expansion of the Glenview Public Safety Dispatch Center using the facility at Highland Park for these three towns (HP, LF and LB). New VHF repeater channels are planned for police and fire. There have been several new frequencies applied for to the FCC for both police and fire operations with new repeaters at several locations. The freqs are in the FCC applications but until the licenses are granted they could change.

Interesting times on the North Shore!

Status
Not open for further replies.