EMS Repeaters and BC125AT

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Hi guys I just moved not far from credit Vally hospital and was wondering how good I would be able to pick up the repeater a with my Diamond RH77CA which I already have purchased and my Uniden BC125AT I'm looking at getting.

Thanks

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Hi guys I just moved not far from credit Vally hospital and was wondering how good I would be able to pick up the repeater a with my Diamond RH77CA which I already have purchased and my Uniden BC125AT I'm looking at getting.

Thanks

Please do not take this the wrong way but why would you buy a 125AT? It doesnt seem to have any trunking capabilities, and just about everything around the GTA is trunked, digital P25 trunked and/or encrypted.

You will be able to hear the EMS units via repeater for at least a few Km's, and since you are close to CVH you will for sure hear a good deal of activity but you will still be missing tons of stuff unless those Moto radios you have are good for the local systems and fleetnet.

SCPD

QRT
Please do not take this the wrong way but why would you buy a 125AT? It doesnt seem to have any trunking capabilities, and just about everything around the GTA is trunked, digital P25 trunked and/or encrypted.

You will be able to hear the EMS units via repeater for at least a few Km's, and since you are close to CVH you will for sure hear a good deal of activity but you will still be missing tons of stuff unless those Moto radios you have are good for the local systems and fleetnet.

E, I totally understand what you mean but I'm just mainly going to be using the radio for Aviation monitoring.

tilt404

I don't think a handheld antenna will help much. Even where I live high up, its all dependent on where the ambulance is. It goes from really strong signal to nothing. I also have a 125AT and find its quite good at receive.

I'm not sure of the repeater you mean though since at least in my city EMS just uses vehicle repeaters like the OPP do. So the repeater you are trying to hear is constantly moving around. I use a similar Watson antenna and I'm 100 feet up and still, all depends on where the ambulances are when they transmit. Its better than nothing I guess. : )

VE3RADIO

BC125AT is an AMAZING analog conventional scanner and I highly reccomend it for air monitoring, railway and of course VR Repeaters.. It is very sensitive and has alpha tags.. the price is also right. I use one for the repeaters and so on.. def worth the money.

bigcam406

BC125AT is an AMAZING analog conventional scanner and I highly reccomend it for air monitoring, railway and of course VR Repeaters.. It is very sensitive and has alpha tags.. the price is also right. I use one for the repeaters and so on.. def worth the money.

have one as well.absolutely love it.receive ambulance repeaters very well.i use it for dxing western New York conventional law enforcement analogue freq's with great success.also have Pearson programmed into it for air freq's and it picks up the towers very clearly from my location.highly recommend.

mrweather

I'm not sure of the repeater you mean though since at least in my city EMS just uses vehicle repeaters like the OPP do.
That's what the OP means. I believe Credit Valley Hospital is an ambulance base as well so there's usually a vehicle there all the time and, presumably, the VR would be active whenever it's there.

tilt404

Thanks mrweather, I wasn't sure of how things are in that city. Even in mine I'm not sure but listened into the VR's and MOH common frequencies recently when fleetnet went down here and its good to have them in the scanner as a backup.

Status
Not open for further replies.