Uniden Home Patrol

Status
Not open for further replies.

popo7994

I live in a small town and I am not able to pick up the police anymore, I can get fire though. My zip code is 02917, Smithfield, Rhode Island, does anyone know what the frequency is for the police and if the Uniden Home Patrol scanner will be able to pick it up? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

lost_in_maine

It looks like at least North Smithfield is Encrypted on RISCON..not sure if that is considered a different town, or not...The RR DB probably needs some updating...

Scan-NE has a lot of info for New England...
Providence County Police Departments - Scan New England Wiki

No scanner can decode the encryption..

You might want to post this in the Rhode Island Forum, might be more people there that would know... unless a MOD can merge/move it?

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
The Home Patrol scanners pull all of the frequency/trunked system information from the Radio Reference database. Here is information for what will be programmed in the radio for Providence County Rhode Island.

Providence County, Rhode Island (RI) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

If all you are interested in is Smithfield, all appears to be analog and not requiring a digital scanner. Maybe someone a little closer can confirm. You might be able to get away with a cheaper scanner, but it would be slightly more difficult to program. If you want to listen to other agencies (like State Police) that are on the RISCON system, then you will for sure need a digital scanner.

Long story short, with a Home Patrol scanner you can listen to all nearby agencies (except for encrypted agencies) and programming is as simple as typing in your zip code.

popo7994

??

Not sure if Smithfield, Rhode Island police frequency is encrypted or not?

MisterK33

I say this with all due respect... Go through as much as you can in the forums here to find your answers about trunking, RISCON, etc. There's a TON of information you can read about RI's trunking system to answer about 99% of your questions. The Home Patrol is a great scanner, but good old fashioned reading will answer the majority of the questions/concerns you have.

popo7994

Thank you, would you happen to know the channel for the Smithfield, RI Police 02917

Status
Not open for further replies.