Wall wart help

Status
Not open for further replies.

ampulman

I guess I tried to stretch the power cord for my PRO-160 too far, as the plug separated from the cord.

Of course, I can't lay my hand on instructions so I'm guessing that with the + on the plug lined up with the flat on the cord, the center conductor is positive, as indicated on the radio.

Will a kind soul please verify that I'm right.
Thanks.

Amp

ampulman

positive. Some times you'll find the reverse to be the case. If it's marked +, then you're correct.

I'm 99+% sure it's + center pin according to the diagram on the radio. The RS supplied wart can be configured for + or - center conductor. What I'm asking is whether the 'flat' on the cable is the indicator for + or - .

Amp

wtp

sorry about the size

- -c.- +
if you can see the decimal point and raise it a little and see that on the side of the radio that is a positive tip.
think negative sign dash c for outer connector decimal for center dash and +for positive.
the radio might have it flipped around but you will get the idea.

ampulman

- -c.- +
if you can see the decimal point and raise it a little and see that on the side of the radio that is a positive tip.
think negative sign dash c for outer connector decimal for center dash and +for positive.
the radio might have it flipped around but you will get the idea.

I'm sorry, but I'm not following you with regard to the decimal point. Yes, I have determined (with 99% certainty) that the center conductor (radio) is positive.

For the sake of clarity, let me restate my question: it really centers around the Radio Shack wall wart. The cord ends in a 2-pronged socket which is not polarized. The user selects the appropriate plug which can be used with multiple equipment in either + or - center conductor mode. The mode is chosen by flipping the plug 180 degrees.

There is a 'flat' on the end of the cord. Does this serve as the point of reference with the +/- marks on the plug? The plug has pulled away from the cord. This is my problem.

Thanks.

Amp

jim202

I'm sorry, but I'm not following you with regard to the decimal point. Yes, I have determined (with 99% certainty) that the center conductor (radio) is positive.

For the sake of clarity, let me restate my question: it really centers around the Radio Shack wall wart. The cord ends in a 2-pronged socket which is not polarized. The user selects the appropriate plug which can be used with multiple equipment in either + or - center conductor mode. The mode is chosen by flipping the plug 180 degrees.

There is a 'flat' on the end of the cord. Does this serve as the point of reference with the +/- marks on the plug? The plug has pulled away from the cord. This is my problem.

Thanks.

Amp

Don't you own a volt meter? Use of the voltmeter will let you know what polarity you have.

Status
Not open for further replies.