Bergen County Public Safety Trunked System

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Radio Reference Database lists two (2) transmitter sites: Alpine and Mahwah. However, aren't there six (6) transmitters sites now: Alpine, Carlstadt, Fort Lee, Hackensack, Mahwah, and Paramus?

Also, the RR listing states that "all law enforcement talk groups are encrypted." Actually, all COUNTY law enforcement talk groups are encrypted, the local agency law enforcement talk groups currently are not.

jvdet

from what has been posted and comments from other sources there are two main sites but yes they simulcast thru all sites i think its called "LSM "
the 2 primary sites send the control channel data comes off is Alpine or Mahwah not the other sites, which is what you want your radio to capture in order to receive them
hope this helps - anybody else?
oh yea the towns that have ever used the system are in the clear But there are talk groups that some can access that are secure i think?

Alarmguy

Former Alarm Guy, turned Radio guy
Premium Subscriber
Linear Simulcast Modulation is the term you are looking for. There are plenty of topics on LSM on the board here, So I'm not going to go into detail here. Only thing I will add is that previous generation scanners have difficulty decoding with LMS systems. I believe the BCD536HP has improved but not fully corrected this issue.

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
Whats the frequencies for the other sites then?Did you submit them to RR?
You are correct some talkgroups are in the clear.

jvdet

South Hackensack

Whats the frequencies for the other sites then?Did you submit them to RR?
You are correct some talkgroups are in the clear.

the frequencies are in the DB

But today South Hackensack PD is using the Trunk system on one of the interops channels

Status
Not open for further replies.