Claremore LTR

Status
Not open for further replies.

sslater0679

Premium Subscriber
I've been listening to Claremore PD and FD for some time now, than all of a sudden I am unable to pick up anything. I haven't changed anything on my scanner so I'm not sure what is going on. Is anyone else listening to Claremore and having the same problem.

I looked in the database to see if there have been any changed made, and there hasn't.

I just noticed that there is a message on the FCC Call Sign page that the applicant is upgrading communication systems for that area. Could this have something to do with it. Here is the link.

WQBE954 (CLAREMORE, CITY OF) FCC Callsign Details

Thanks for the help.

Last edited:

peterjmag

Doesn't sound good for scanner listening. I don't have any proof but I suspect they upgraded to a Mototrbo Capacity Plus system. This is becoming common for old LTR systems and would go along with the Rogers County going Mototrbo. To figure out if this is the case take the frequencies listed that you had for the old LTR and listen to all of them in conventional mode. If you hear a buzzing noise on any of them then the Mototrbo upgrade has taken place. If you hear each channel just key up or kerchunk with no audio then the LTR is still in place and the techs may have changed the LCN or logical channel numbering. We all would be interested in what you find out. Sorry for the potentially bad news.

SCPD

QRT
They may have gone NXDN. I know that a Kenwood dealer in the area has been doing work on their system and radios for a couple of years now.
Although last time I heard, Claremore had no intention of going digital because of the cost. But they may have a received a grant or something.
I would program the frequincies for the LTR system as a conventional and see if you hear any traffic that way. If they changed the LCN numbers around, then that would cause the system to not receive correctly in your scanner.

peterjmag

Yeah, I knew I was in the right ball park. Mototrbo is usually my first choice and I forget that NXDN is just as popular. I just thought Mototrbo because Total Radio here in Tulsa has upgraded most all their leased LTR systems from LTR to Capacity Plus and Rogers County going to trbo as well.

sslater0679

Premium Subscriber
I use ARC XT to program my Uniden BCT15X. So I'm not that familiar with manual programing. Would you guys be able to help me with this?

Freqed

I'm just a listener
Premium Subscriber
You just need to enter the Claremore Freqs in a new file as just conventional, not as a LTR system. I am to far away to get a good signal from them to make any type of determination as to what's going on.

wx5uif

Premium Subscriber
I just plugged these frequencies in on my scanner. I just heard some faint voice traffic on 453.5875.

sslater0679

Premium Subscriber
You just need to enter the Claremore Freqs in a new file as just conventional, not as a LTR system. I am to far away to get a good signal from them to make any type of determination as to what's going on.

I'll give it a try when I get off work this evening. This should be a good learning experience for me. Thanks for the help guys.

peterjmag

This is all good news! I was'nt trying to cry wolf but digital has been the trend lately. Lets hope they stay LTR and that it is an LCN change.

sslater0679

Premium Subscriber
So I got the frequencies programed in as conventional and i am picking up PD traffic just like before. So is this just an LCN change like you are saying?

wx5uif

Premium Subscriber
I was searching over some of the 450-470 band today looking for interesting digital and found a NXDN frequency. Looking at the alias ID of the units and listening to voice traffic, I am beginning to think that Claremore might be switching to NXDN.

The link that the OP posted for the FCC data shows a NXDN trunked system. This was the same call sign that I was brought to when I did a query with the frequency that I had found. However, I don't hear, nor can I find, a continuous control channel like what you would expect on a NXDN-C system. DSD is also not showing a NID either.

For the couple minutes I've been listening, all the voice has been on 460.4625 with no TGID showing.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 455
Last edited:

wx5uif

Premium Subscriber
It is also worth noting that there are periods of twenty minutes or so where there is no traffic on any of the channels. I wonder if they are testing it with just certain units?

firemark

Claremore has gone back to a conventional system. Too many issues with the LTR system.

Rick-it

That is correct. Claremore did switch to conventional. They also went with NXDN digital but have recently switched their primary channel back from digital to analog/conventional for a testing period.

sslater0679

Premium Subscriber
I just uploaded the new conventional info from the website yesterday, and I am picking up police and fire radio traffic.

Status
Not open for further replies.