Pro-2096 and GCRCN or MARCS IP

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Anyone in the Cleveland area have a Pro-2096 and receive MARCS IP, GCRCN, or Parma?
~~~
I realize it won't do the MARCS IP Cuyahoga County 700 frequencies. But it should work with Geauga and Lake I would think.

Last edited:

This scanner should work on Cleveland,Parma and lake and geauga county ok just not the 700 band i sold my 2096 and Pro-96 years ago due to the changing of systems and got a Pro-197 for the car and a GRE-800 for my base I'm in Parma and the GRE-800 don't work well for the 700 Marc's IP that good looking into buying a better base scanner down the road.

Sportster77

Premium Subscriber
I use a 2096 in my truck for Lake and Cuyahoga scanning. I don't have the GCRN programmed into it but it works well on the Lake Co system

SCPD

QRT
I don't know if I have it programmed correctly or there is something else wrong. Is there any chance you could zip an ARC96 or Win96 file and attach it to a post here?

tonya

Premium Subscriber
I'm getting Parma on my 2096 but no Cleveland or Lake Co. but I'm a little rusty on programing this radio. I'll take in the car tomorrow and see what happens.

SCPD

QRT
I'm getting Parma on my 2096 but no Cleveland or Lake Co. but I'm a little rusty on programing this radio. I'll take in the car tomorrow and see what happens.

OK thanks. It seems different people with the 2096 in different locations are getting the P25 systems ok. But I'm not and I can't figure out why. I get regular MARCS and Summit 800 fine although they are not P25.

SCPD

QRT
Well for some reason this particular Pro2096 is very insensitive on the control frequencies for MARCS IP Geauga 856.03750 and GCRCN Beachwood 856.16250. Works fine on other systems and frequencies.

Tried three antennas. Whip on the back, mobile cell antenna on a steel plate on top of radio console, and discone in the attic. 0 to maybe 15%. Summit and MARCS are both 99 %. The cc from GCRCN Site 3 is 89% but that site mostly dead except for a stray affiliation to Chagrin Falls.

Those control channel frequencies are full scale on three other receivers.

Very strange!

Status
Not open for further replies.