Troop F Repeater On...ANyone else Notice ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mtnrider

Premium Subscriber
Anyone Notice that what seems to be the Mt lodge ? Transmitter in in repeater mode ? Pretty neat hearing all the traffic from down that way.....when i can hardly hear our local ones...

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
Are they using repeater mode just on Schunnemunk or Graham as well? Same input PL or does a different PL activate the repeater? I know they used a separate PL for repeater mode for Jackie Jones in Rockland for special events.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

riveter

Premium Subscriber
I think they're talking about the VHF tower being on mixer mode rather than the usual output-only mode.

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
Correct. The Troop F "base" frequency is now broadcasting the Troop F "car" frequency as well.

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
Well it was good while it lasted. It's nice to hear both sides of the conversation from NJ.

KC2zZe

Repeater is back on for the listening pleasure of all....dont know how long it will last
My understanding of the system configuration is a little different. The so-called "Mountain Lodge" repeater is a standard repeater (in other words, not one that is turned on or off). In order for the barracks and the field units to use it they must switch to a particular channel in their radios, as you indicated above.

Repeater is back on for the listening pleasure of all....dont know how long it will last
I do not think that the switch to Channel 16 and the police involved shooting in Brooklyn recently are unrelated. I believe an officer (trooper) safety concern is at play in the decision to switch over.

Are they using repeater mode just on Schunnemunk or Graham as well? Same input PL or does a different PL activate the repeater? I know they used a separate PL for repeater mode for Jackie Jones in Rockland for special events.
I am unaware, at this time, of a repeater at the Graham site.

Sounding good all the way into NJ again. VHF off Schunnemunk sure travels....
I'm sure that you were already well aware of that... ;)

Last edited:

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
I'm being told there was a problem with the duplexer up at Schunnemunk and a new pre-amp was being installed. Hopefully it will be back up. Sergeant that took over comms is a knowledgeable guy and is trying to push things forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.