163.1000 Heli base

any many cdf tacs

scannerbuff999

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
great thank you very much for the help
sould like it growing cdf web page 3,900 acres - 10% contained
fire is burning on both sides of the south fork of the American River
Mandatory evacuations are in place for the following areas: Estates at Forebay Road between King of the Mountain Road and Pony Express Trail, as well as all of Whites Meadows Road.

scannerbuff999

Banned
holy cats this fire is really moving they lost the whole line in the morning
add 119.1 victor freq the fire is now in water canyon Mandatory evacuations are in place for the following areas: Estates at Forebay Road between King of the Mountain Road and Pony Express Trail, as well as all of Whites Meadows Road
Voluntary Evacuation Advisories are in place for residents located west of Forebay Road from Blair Road to Pony Express Trail. Additional Voluntary Evacuation Advisories are in place for Badger Hill Road, Marmot Road, Lucky Mine Road, Old Blair Mill Road, Apple Creek Ct, Applemont Ranch, Chickaree Lane, Longs Creek, Quick Silver Road, Quick Silver Ct, and Baltimore Road.

scannerbuff999

Banned
Talking about setting up a command 5 repeater moving it in tonight
could this be a NIFC repeater if that is the case then this FIRE is getting really BIG

nessenj

Just heard on the news that highway 50 is closed in both directions. Not sure when it will be reopened. There were also conflicting reports of the fire jumping across 50, but sounds like that actually hasn't happened yet.

scannerbuff999

Banned
what type of radio traffic is it fire command , if so NIFC go to the fire that are going to become big
there are out of state crews there now ID smoke jumpers

norcalscan

Interoperating Spurious Emissions
Premium Subscriber
From today's 205...
Fixed wing
AM 118.625
FM 166.675

Copters 135.725

Air Ground
command 169.150
tactical 167.950

Command
NIFC Cmd 5 167.100 all divisions
NIFC Cmd 12 173.0375 unassigned (a future portable repeater on remote portion of fire)
NIFC Cmd 37 172.550 unassigned (a future portable repeater on remote portion of fire)

Branch 1 South
Div AA NIFC tac1
Div BB/CC NIFC tac2
Div DD NIFC tac5

Branch 3 West
Div A NIFC Tac 6
Div D NIFC Tac 7
Div G Region5 Tac 4

Branch 5 North
Div J Region5 Tac 5
Div M NIFC Tac 2
Div P/S Region 5 Tac 6

Branch 7 East
Div U and Y NIFC Tac 5
Div W NIFC Tac 7

Structure Group VFire 26

scannerbuff999

Banned
Here why this is now a NIFC Fire 27,930 acres - 5% contained
they have made no progress in three days the fire just keeps moving alone

SCPD

QRT
Here why this is now a NIFC Fire 27,930 acres - 5% contained
they have made no progress in three days the fire just keeps moving alone

I understand what you mean with the expression "this is now a NIFC Fire . . ." The actual situation is command of the fire is now a unified command between Cal Fire and a federal Type I interagency incident management team (known as CIIMT #5 - California Interagency Incident Command Team #5 - IC Jim Giachino). Unified command is when the IC's of two or more agencies form a type of committee and make group decisions considering the needs of all the agencies in unified command. The incident does not have two or more incident commanders as the "committee" speaks as one incident commander, as a single voice. I have often said that this committee approach may seem like a formula for failure, but this component of the ICS (Incident Command System) is successful and time tested.

Federal interagency incident management teams are truly interagency now. In the past, prior to the use of the ICS, they included federal employees only, way back when during the beginning years of my career. The Forest Service had teams, the BLM had teams, the National Park Service had teams, CDF had teams and country and municipal fire departments had teams also. The command system, positions, qualifications and training varied significantly with each agency. It was a huge mess when large and dynamic incidents needed to use mutual aid resources. It was a mass effort to put square pegs into round holes because the different systems did not mesh. The Forest Service had a system called "LFO" or the "Large Fire Organization" that didn't mesh well with other federal agencies, let alone state and local agencies. The ICS is a universally applied system of incident organization, terminology, training, qualifications, forms and procedures. This has allowed interagency incident management teams made up of people of diverse agencies. Now there are members from the Forest Service, BLM, National Park Service, U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, other federal agencies such as FEMA, as well as country and municipal fire departments on teams. Fire departments and agencies have become one big service entity. Now the term "fire service" includes departments and agencies at all government levels nationwide. Rivalries between agencies still exist, but animosity has been significantly reduced. The members of the fire service have comradery and more friendships across agency lines have resulted.

I began my career more than 10 years before the development and use of the ICS. I've watched the positive changes evolve in ways I don't think the interagency organization that developed this system could foresee.

The incident management teams are not part of the NIFC organization, but are dispatched and work under guidelines developed by NIFC.

The King Fire started in a state responsibility area of direct protection, but quickly moved onto National Forest land (Eldorado NF) and now the bulk of the land involved on this fire is on the Eldorado. That is why the fire had a Cal Fire incident management team to begin with and then just a day or two later was in Unified Command.

I hope this information is helpful.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.