IC-2200h and RT Systems software help

Status
Not open for further replies.

KB3ZBW

I bought and IC-2200h and the RT systems software (with USB cable) to program it. After installing the software and such I attempted to pull the configuration from the radio and after about 2 minutes of waiting I received an error saying that a correct baud rate could not be found.

Does anybody know the trick to get this software to work. I work in communications/IT and I am at a loss. Thank you.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Is there some sort of setup in the radio you have to do to get the 2200h to communicate with the PC? Is there an option to select the correct COM port in the software? Did you check Device Manager in Windoze to see if you really have a port allocated? What Windows OS are you using?

Really, there's not enough here to go on...Mike

KB3ZBW

Thanks for your replies!!!! RT systems hasn't been open since i started troubleshooting so i can't contact them until Monday. I am using Windows 7 on a Virtual Machine. The USB cable shows up in the device settings as COM3 and it is using the correct driver. The Port is set with the default settings 9600, 8, none, 1.

KB3ZBW

Progress....?...maybe

I will have to call RT Systems on Monday when they open back up. I did some work on it today and was able to get the program talking with the radio after upgrading VM Ware Fusion an allocating more memory to the VM. The only problem is that when I pull the config off the radio it doesn't look like anything is programmed, not even what I had programmed by hand. When I try to push a config to it I get the CL NG fault. I tried different baud rates and such, nothing helped. I put a couple of my local repeaters in the rig and called it good until I can call them on Monday.

sparks40

Premium Subscriber
RT Systems programming software has the drivers in the cable. All you should have to do after installing the software is hook up the radio, select "Read from radio" under the communications tab, and follow the on-screen instructions it gives you after you click on the tab. I use RT for most of my radios. You will also need to go under the help tab while you have internet access and click on "check for updates". You may be lacking the proper updates for the software. I have had to do this with every programmer I have purchased from them, and it's probably why you are having issues.

KD8DVR

Good advice to check the software for updates. More often than not, there is an update. They track bugs and update constantly... they really keep up on it. The FTDI cable and software pretty much select the proper port and you are set. I've never had an issue with my 2200H with Win7 64 bit.

KB3ZBW

I really appreciate the replies. Everything was up to date. After speaking with RT systems on the phone they sent me a replacement cable. They sent it monday and it got here today. I'm Testing it tonight.

KB3ZBW

Fixed

I tested it with the replacement cable and it worked like a charm. No issues. Great software. Great support.

Status
Not open for further replies.