unidenbcd536hp

Status
Not open for further replies.

joh508

Premium Subscriber
sd card access error when I turn on radio cant get it to turn on or with usb cable tried to update only message error

joeuser

The Wretched
To avoid future issues, you must remove the scanner from windows using the USB status tray icon. Always stop USB memory devices before removing them - never just pull them out.

elias1988

Feed Provider
Post #6 from the thread I posted was most likely the cause,turning off the scanner and back on once a week should prevent it from happening.

bailly2

if you can connect the radio to a computer with the sd card, run the checkdisk program in windows, chkdsk [drive letter] /F /R

joeuser

The Wretched
Don't blame you there! FWIW, I have left my 436HP on for up to three weeks & haven't had any issues. I did experience this issue when I failed to remove the mass storage device aka my 436 from windows & just yanked out the cable. After formatting & starting over, knowing my mistake, I tried again & sure enough the card was botched! Ever since though I always remove it from within the OS & have never had another issue.

elias1988

Feed Provider
Yeah I corrupted my card only one time and had that access error,other than that it's been working great!

Status
Not open for further replies.