Antenna for Radio Scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

bravodenisu

Hello friends!

I would like a long time to build my good scanner antenna.
I have thought about building a discone antenna. So I thought to build:
Screenshot by Lightshot
If you think something (size) wrong correct me. But these days I heard that if you add another element increases vertical jump band. If I make a calculated antenna for 27MHz it would come 27-450MHz reception. Everything is fine but the wire is too long 275cm to 27MHz !!!
And now a few days if I can still find something shorter wire and add a coil of wire built:
Screenshot by Lightshot
Or something:
Screenshot by Lightshot
If you know something more and knowing how to build this antenna discounts and how can I add the wire or pipe to be 27-450MHz please notify me and explain.
Thanks a lot!

popnokick

Premium Subscriber
bravodenisu- Found this June 2012 post from you (below) in the Build Your Own Antenna Forum. The reason I found it is because I recognized the LightShot antenna drawing in your most recent post, and recall that there were several problems with that pic pointed out by others. Specifically, the capacitor with no value/spec in the main antenna radiator, and also someone noting that the center conductor seems to be shorted to the shield/ground.

So what has changed in your setup/question since you posted the following in June of 2012? What is it you're trying to do? Are we correct to assume you are building a discone? (The antenna pic you posted is not a discone.) There are plenty of discone discussions and plans in the Build Your Own Antenna section of RR.

[below from June 2012]
Good day my friend!
I wanted to ask you to tell me, explain, help me ... about an antenna. I want to make an antenna that could resonate for three frequencies. I'm struggling for several days and I do not know, I fail to find anything.
I want frequencies - (45MHz, 145MHz, 446MHz)
Do you have a good antenna?
SCANNER ANTENNA
Screenshot by Lightshot
Screenshot by Lightshot
or something like this?
multi band ground plane -scanner
or even like this really do not know !!!
Screenshot by Lightshot
Please help me, my friend, to make one antenna with the three frequencies - the dimensions of the antenna material, etc. ...
Thank you so much want to help me around the antennas to make one myself good.
Greetings and sorry for the mistakes in the manuscript.
Denis
bravodenisu@gmail.com

Last edited:

bravodenisu

Antenna Discone

- I have built several antennas and dipole and GP-and J-pole antenna and Hentenna but now I want to build an antenna for my scanner "DISCONE". I would like (110-450MHz). We concluded that if we add a vertical wire mid Antenna- "DISCONE" ie calculated for 27MHz band widens (27-450MHz)! It would be good if that's because I could listen and CB-27MHz and cordless phones (43-49Mhz). I read and searched everywhere about Discone, antenna and do not know the exact dimensions but are good for me. I bought aluminum Cevi 10mm.
- So it looks antenna that I want to build!
Screenshot by Lightshot
But these dimensions are best not wrong something to go wrong?
- How to know the exact dimensions of the cone and disc to be as good and accurate?
There are several computers antenna but do not know which are good!
Online Calculator .:. Dimensions of a Discone Antenna
Antenna, VE3SQB Ham radio antenna design software programs and sstv,qha, amateur radio,sstv,antennas,j-pole,quad,dipole,discone,antenna program, super scanner, pdl, omni, rhcp, bazooka, coaxial dipole,skyhopper)
- Please who knows more about how to build this antenna be better.
Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.