san diego county fire communications

Status
Not open for further replies.

scanfan22

Here is the story. There is one san diego fire department feed that is always stuck on one channel so you miss a lot of the transmissions on the other frequencies. The san diego / pal-way feed does not cover all the san diego frequencies. I was wondering if it was possible to have someone feed all of san diego county fire frequencies on one feed (all cities included). That would be awesome. Is the county too large to put together such a feed? Just curious...

cabletech

Just curious..do you still live in Valley Village? What antenna system are you using to receive San Diego which is over a 100 miles away?

As for the feeds, just think about it, a person is providing the feed as a favor to every one. Each frequency or talk group requires a individual radio or scanner.

How much money do you think a person may wish to invest in putting up more then one or two feeds?

KF6DGN

First all feeds are set up by volunteers. What city is most important? There a lot of feeds for San Diego fire related. Heartland feed covers south and east county. RCS north fire covers all of north county. Even the Rural areas are covered. Since the RCS system is divided between North/South and the city of San Diego is a different system it would be hard to set up a feed to cover it all.

scanfan22

I would not be providing the feed.

Two questions:
1. How do you know I live in Valley Village?
2. Is there anyone thinking of putting together a feed like this?

K6CDO

Premium Subscriber
Here is the story. There is one san diego fire department feed that is always stuck on one channel so you miss a lot of the transmissions on the other frequencies. The san diego / pal-way feed does not cover all the san diego frequencies. I was wondering if it was possible to have someone feed all of san diego county fire frequencies on one feed (all cities included). That would be awesome. Is the county too large to put together such a feed? Just curious...

There are two radio systems used by the local fire agencies in San Diego. A member has generously fed the City of San Diego system, which provides dispatch services for San Diego Fire Department and the Poway Fire Department, on a feed - which is easy to do, as those communications are on one trunked cell.

The other local fire agencies are on the RCS, which operates more than 20 trunked cells, so monitoring all San Diego County fire departments on a scanner feed is impractical.

scanfan22

hmm. well then, i think the San Diego/Poway feed is missing some stuff. Does anyone know the feeder? can we tell the feeder that he/she should check the San Diego Fire Rescue feed page to see what is missing? or they can message me and i will try to help them.

cabletech

Looked up your call sign simple

And I forgot to ask in my earlier post, since you appear to be in north LA County, why are you more concerned about San Diego then LA?

Last edited:

JoeyC

What antenna system are you using to receive San Diego which is over a 100 miles away?

As for the feeds, just think about it, a person is providing the feed as a favor to every one. Each frequency or talk group requires a individual radio or scanner.

Looked up your call sign simple

And I forgot to ask in my earlier post, since you appear to be in north LA County, why are you more concerned about San Diego then LA?

He's talking about listening to a feed, not over the air.

You could get the dispatches for the most part of the county by listening to just 4 or 5 channels one ONE scanner.

Dispatches from SDFD on the city system, Heartland, Northcomm and CalFire from the RCS and then CalFire on VHF.

scanfan22

He's talking about listening to a feed, not over the air.

You could get the dispatches for the most part of the county by listening to just 4 or 5 channels one ONE scanner.

Dispatches from SDFD on the city system, Heartland, Northcomm and CalFire from the RCS and then CalFire on VHF.

While I'm discussing this, I might as well ask, has anyone listened to the San Diego Fire Rescue feed recently? I am trying to figure out what is causing the problem that is making that scanner not scan. it has been this way for a long time. i am going to see if I can message that feeder again this week and see what I can do to help. Again, I don't live in the area but I notice things going on with other feeds so I like to tell people about them.

celbaseman

Feed Provider
I am the provider of the San Diego and Poway Fire Feed. I have limited it specifically because of the amount of EMS traffic. I have it monitoring only the fire and traffic accident talk groups so that listener will hear more of the action during an active incident. Reviewing the number of listeners in the past 24 hours there are anywhere from 20 to 50 people monitoring the feed.

K6CDO

Premium Subscriber
I am the provider of the San Diego and Poway Fire Feed. I have limited it specifically because of the amount of EMS traffic. I have it monitoring only the fire and traffic accident talk groups so that listener will hear more of the action during an active incident. Reviewing the number of listeners in the past 24 hours there are anywhere from 20 to 50 people monitoring the feed.

And thank you for providing the feed!

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
Speaking of SDFD, can anyone confirm the PL and narrowbanding for the following frequencies. I am told they will be used for SDFD brush fire responses during the month of November.

154.310 FM 103.5
154.145 NFM 103.5
158.970 FM CSQ

158.970 is the old SDPD Northern repeater, I thought that had a PL on the output?

Paul

disp10

Premium Subscriber
Speaking of SDFD, can anyone confirm the PL and narrowbanding for the following frequencies. I am told they will be used for SDFD brush fire responses during the month of November.

154.310 FM 103.5
154.145 NFM 103.5
158.970 FM CSQ

158.970 is the old SDPD Northern repeater, I thought that had a PL on the output?

Paul

All are narrow.

154.310 is SND Tac 2
154.145 is SND Tac 1
158.970 is SND Command and is repeated.

mike619

On 158.970 I heard SDFD use PL 103.5 it was during some kind of trolley rescue drill a while back.

celbaseman

Feed Provider
Over the weekend I added the 3 SND frequencies to the San Diego City and Poway Fire feed and was able to verify it during a brush call on I-15.

carlt

I heard an announcement @ 7am this morning during their normal morning radio announcements, that the "testing phase" of the "wildland VHF frequencies" would stop at 8am this morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.